Talk

Advanced search

Howling dog

(7 Posts)
Sounbelievablydull Tue 03-Nov-15 22:03:09

Not sure what I'm asking for here really.
We have a 7 year old dog who is really very nice and up till now no problems.
Last week my neighbour called and mentioned that she has been howling all day long.
I work three days per week our other neighbours usually take her out for a walk on these days. I don't think my neighbour would make it up but they can be a little odd at times.
I feel so upset to think she's crying and lonely and I'm not sure what to do about it

Wolfiefan Tue 03-Nov-15 22:04:09

How long is she left? It's generally recommended that no dog is left for more than 4 hours.

Sounbelievablydull Tue 03-Nov-15 22:22:55

Well up till a few weeks ago definitely not for long but our circumstances have changed a bit so on the days I work she would be alone for far longer than we'd like or she's used to.
We are all out for about 10 hours at least on those days but she would be taken out for a long walk by my neighbours during that time

KinkyAfro Wed 04-Nov-15 13:16:35

Even with a long walk that is a ridiculous amount of time for a dog to be left alone all day, the poor thing

Sounbelievablydull Wed 04-Nov-15 19:23:38

I know and we feel really terrible about it but what can we do? We have seven years where this has not been an issue Any suggestions especially from anyone who's been in this situation would be gratefully received

Noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 05-Nov-15 06:56:08

Can you use doggy day care on those days or could she stay with a friend/neighbour for at least part of the time. I'm afraid that is much too long for her to be left and it's obviously causing her distress

Toughasoldboots Thu 05-Nov-15 06:57:45

I would get a reliable, paid walker in or out her in doggy daycare. She is distressed and yes (not to make you feel worse) that is too long to leave her alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now