Talk

Advanced search

So I bought the dog a Christmas jumper.

(20 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Mon 02-Nov-15 19:36:11

As much as dd wants it Eric has never taken kindly to being dressed up. He has an assortment of practical coats but point blank refuses to step outside the door wearing one. Today dd had an exam and was stressed out so I put Eric in his Christmas jumper thinking I'd take a quick photo and send it to her, before he managed to get it off, to cheer her up.
He won't let me take it off hmm He's done two walks now dressed as Santa's little helper grin. I'm not sure whether people are laughing at me or him tbh. It's awful because I really hate Christmas, the prospect of seeing this jumper for the next few weeks is horrendous but every time I go to try and take it off he growls and runs off.
Any ideas? Reassure me this isn't forever,I'm hoping that when I get up in the morning he'll have got it off and destroyed it tbh.

Jinglebells99 Mon 02-Nov-15 19:38:14

Aww. I want to see a photo smile

CMOTDibbler Mon 02-Nov-15 19:40:16

Get a plain jumper and swap them. DDog1 is devoted to his fleece coats, and gets the right hump if you take it off without offering the clean one. He has got a very thin coat and very little body fat (by nature of his breed) so really feels the cold and damp.

He won't wear his reindeer hat though <sulks>

insan1tyscartching Mon 02-Nov-15 19:45:14

That's a good idea I'll get him a plain one. I can't believe he likes to wear it, dd is thrilled and older dd has plans to crochet him more sweaters. I'll post a photo once I've charged the phone.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Mon 02-Nov-15 23:27:58

Photo??? grin

insan1tyscartching Tue 03-Nov-15 10:56:45

Sorry I got distracted. Well here he is still wearing it this morning. He slept in it all night rather than trying to destroy it like I had hoped

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Tue 03-Nov-15 11:05:55

Too cute. I got away with it when ddog was a puppy and didn't know better. Now I get the Christmas jumper out and he runs a mile!

Floggingmolly Tue 03-Nov-15 11:09:49

grin

Madblondedog Tue 03-Nov-15 11:11:06

Awww I want to get ddog one this year, especially as he's more reluctant to wear his antlers this year....

CMOTDibbler Tue 03-Nov-15 11:23:57

It does suit him!

This is ddog2 being v unimpressed with the reindeer hat

Noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 03-Nov-15 11:26:52

grin did it work to cheer your dd up?

insan1tyscartching Tue 03-Nov-15 11:27:07

grin I love it!

Floggingmolly Tue 03-Nov-15 11:37:16

Oh, CMOT your dog is gorgeous! What breed is he?

CMOTDibbler Tue 03-Nov-15 11:44:06

Thank you - he is gorgeous. He's a rescue, mum is whippetish (she was dumped heavily pregnant), but no idea otherwise. We are frequently stopped by people hoping that we'll tell them an exact breed smile

Floggingmolly Tue 03-Nov-15 11:49:35

He's fab, whatever he is... smile

RoseDog Tue 03-Nov-15 15:04:46

Is that jumper from matalan insan if it is I've ordered it for my oversized staffy, she has a few jumpers already but I saw that Santa one and had to have it...I have done no Christmas shopping at all but the dog will be cosy!

pigsDOfly Tue 03-Nov-15 19:15:03

My dog stands stock still and refuses to move if I put a coat or jumper on her. She has a double coat so I think she's probably warm enough even in snowy weather.

However, if you put something on her head she will put her head up and sort of pose. DD bought her dog a pair of antlers last Christmas that her dog refused to wear, we put them on my dog and she was happy to parade around in them most of the day.

insan1tyscartching Tue 03-Nov-15 20:23:26

Rose I picked it up in Morrisons, only a fiver. He's still wearing it grin They had a blue one with a snowflake on so I'll buy that one next time and hopefully he will be up for a trade.

insan1tyscartching Thu 05-Nov-15 11:54:48

CMOT just to let you know the trade worked and he happily let me swap this morning. Going to get a couple more plain ones so that he can wear and I can wash them when needed. There's obviously something about a sweater he likes so I'll indulge him through the winter anyway.

pigsDOfly Thu 05-Nov-15 19:12:22

Perhaps, to keep him really happy OP, you should get him a pair of matching trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now