Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Emergency Vets Tonight

(5 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Fri 30-Oct-15 00:42:52

sad Poor Eric has a wound on his neck that we have no idea how it happened as he's never out of sight especially as we are on holiday just now. We noticed a little dry blood on Saturday when he yelped when scratching and assumed he had caught himself with his claw.
He's been a little subdued the last two days but nothing worrying. Tonight he scratched under his chin and has opened up a wound that bled profusely. He was panting heavily and whining and so called the emergency vet who saw him at 10.30. He's had anti inflamatories and has cream and antibiotics and we've been advised to take him to our own vet on Saturday as he might need sedating and the wound shaved of hair and irrigating.
I've no idea whether we over reacted by taking him tonight the vet said it was whatever made us reassured and I knew none of us would settle until he was seen.It's so difficult with dogs though isn't it? I felt much more confident with the kids.
He is very miserable and a bit confused as he peed inside which the vet said was because of the infection and he is really not liking having a bootee on his hind leg to limit the damage he can do to his neck. The vet thinks it might take a while to heal too which is worrying.

Chrisalice Fri 30-Oct-15 08:15:57

I think any profuse bleeding would have me to the vet right away too. Miserable thing to happen on holiday, and unnerving when you don't know how it happened. Hope Eric has a speedy recovery.

Floralnomad Fri 30-Oct-15 10:39:04

Poor Eric , could you put him in some kind of jumper that would cover it rather than wearing the boots ?

ArtyKitty Fri 30-Oct-15 20:30:44

Poor Eric. I feel like I know him having read your posts. You did the best thing, seeing the vet and while it may seem to take a long time to heal, before long you'll be looking back on it all as a tiny incident knowing you did what was best. Take care. Poor wee soul in dog bootees! Bless him! X

ArtyKitty Fri 30-Oct-15 20:33:48

And by a long time, I mean days! But I know it can feel like aaaages!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now