Talk

Advanced search

"He's a really lovely little dog"

(3 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Wed 21-Oct-15 20:23:04

Have posted previously about our troubles having Eric groomed. He really hates it and was coming back in a state afterwards that went on for a couple of days.
After the last one we did extensive research phoned lots of groomers and eventually got given the name of someone who grooms anxious dogs. We took him today for the first time. We had spoken at length and had agreed that she would only go as far as Eric was happy with and so he may end up with numerous visits and half finished cuts but she believed eventually she would be able to groom him happily.
We went to pick him up and he trotted out fully finished, his tail wagging and not at all stressed. He had been fine, loved his bath and only got tense when she went near his face but she had done plenty of fussing and reassurance and he'd allowed her to trim him and she said he was a lovely little dog.
It's the most positive experience we've had since we had him and I'm hopeful we have finally found our groomer and the extra long journey there will be well worth it.

PacificDogwod Wed 21-Oct-15 22:34:39

Aw, that is lovely - I am sure he looks v smart smile

The right person for the job makes all the difference; well done for having found her.

BagelSuffragette Thu 22-Oct-15 09:02:13

Brilliant. I think I'd be nervous at scissors waving about near my face! Great that you've found someone who understands him. Of course, now we need a photo of the smart gentleman smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: