Talk

Advanced search

Sanitary products for dogs?

(6 Posts)
pebbletime Wed 21-Oct-15 14:02:08

I have a female rescue dog who has come into season.
it is too late to arrange an 'Op' or an injection.

can I use pants/pads rather than have to mop up all the time?
(plus we live in an area with LOTS of dogs, inc many male ones)

where do I get such things cheaply if so pls?

GoofyIsACow Wed 21-Oct-15 14:04:12

Does such a thing exist? I have just spent two and a half weeks washing throws over and over again from our rescue greyhound!

fuckweasel Wed 21-Oct-15 14:25:58

Yes they do exist! For example www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/hygiene-pants-for-bitches-on-heat
I just used cheap Primark knickers tied on with string (classy). Just remember to remove before she goes out for a wee (voice of bitter experience).

fuckweasel Wed 21-Oct-15 14:26:33

Oh, and you need to cut a tail hole in the knickers!

Carpaccio Wed 21-Oct-15 19:44:10

We have a spaniel and used something similar to the pants linked above. They were not good.

Instead I bought some of these tablet.hm.com/gb/product/22082?article=22082-G cut a hole for the tail and used panty liners.
It worked very well - the dog loved the bodysuits and we re-used them when she got spayed instead of the cone of shame. We had white rugs and sofas, and she didn't care about cleaning herself so this was quite useful.
She looked ridiculous though.

Shriek Thu 22-Oct-15 00:03:44

note of caution: there are highly toxic products inside panty liners, should go nowhere near a dog in case of ingestion. Also, keep bitch in at all times and away from the boys, although any within a mile will be able to scent her and when she comes to her peak it would be pretty impossible to separate keen bitch and dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now