Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Barking/companions

(1 Post)
Wotsitsareafterme Mon 19-Oct-15 13:04:24

Wotsitpup is nigh on 6 months. I adore him we are over the worst of the puppy days. (He is a golden show cocker constantly admired by strangers).
He does bark though! How do I start to tackle this gently? The worst barking is caused by electrical appliances. He hates the washing machine so much I put it on before we go out and I moved his crate right away from it. The spin cycle is torture. This applies to hairdryers/food mixers - you get the idea. The worst is the lawn mover - give me strength!! I crated him eventually - made no difference. I chase him with the vacuum though he he.
Second thing....I am considering getting him a friend. I look after a (of all things) chihuahua quite a bit - there is never a happier time than when the tiny rat dog is at our house - wotsitpup is so so content. I never ruled out a second dog but I'm not having another puppy. I've been offered a gorgeous collie please rein me in!!
Other things I could do - what about that borrow my dog thing? Can I walk someone else's dog with him is that how it works?
Is 6 months too young should I wait a bit? I was thinking after Xmas realistically. Dd wants another cocker - I laughed in her face. Dd2 wants the chihuahua. I sort of visualise something westie sized?

Lastly he is amazing off the lead and pulls a lot on it. I have tried correcting him at every tiny pull. This sort of seems to work. Is this right? Any other advice? Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now