Talk

Advanced search

Wotsitpup stinks

(10 Posts)
Wotsitsareafterme Sat 15-Aug-15 07:24:21

I want to wash him - I have baby shampoo - any good or should I buy dog shampoo as I'm going to PAH later anywAy.

In the bath under the shower head or in the garden with the hose? Which is least stressful?

He is a 3.5 month show cocker and suddenly got very pongy.

Any alternatives to a full on bath?

MuttonCadet Sat 15-Aug-15 07:25:23

Dog shampoo and in the bath under the shower head would be my choice, but I'm no expert.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 15-Aug-15 07:57:39

Dog shampoo. In the bath with shower head.

Wotsitsareafterme Sat 15-Aug-15 08:20:58

Thanks grin at least it's warm and sunny today he will be so cross with me!

LokiBuddyBoo1 Sun 16-Aug-15 04:50:35

Dog shampoo if you have it but I have used ordinary shampoo when I've run out of dog shampoo. I would also go for in bath with shower head as at least the water will be warm.
My ddog hates a bath but gets one about once a month sometimes more if hes got really dirty, as he sleeps in my bed he therfore needs to be clean.

mollie123 Sun 16-Aug-15 07:13:53

have to admit my dog - who is a 'scruffy' only gets washed with water either in the shower or when we are out in the rain about once a fortnight and his fur is lovely and soft and smells of 'dog'
dogs in nature would not use shampoo (dog or otherwise)
just my view of course
if he is excessively stinky rather than just smelling doggy perhaps he has a stomach problem or it is his diet.

Wotsitsareafterme Sun 16-Aug-15 16:16:46

I bought some puppy shampoo. He was really very good in the bath under the shower. He's lovely and fluffy now grin

mollie123 Sun 16-Aug-15 17:17:49

is there anything nicer than a fluffy dog smile hope he stays sweet smelling

Wotsitsareafterme Sun 16-Aug-15 19:49:56

Oh he is very fluffy and neutral smelling now. A much better experience than bathing the greyhound who behaved as if we were attempting to murder her hmm

mollie123 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:04:24

Yes - it must be a greyhound thing - my lurcher hates water unless in his bowl - will not go in the sea or any river or puddle - manage to get him under the shower by using a little gentle force so find the 'wash in the rain' while on his walk is the best option smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now