Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of getting a puppy

(6 Posts)
WalfordEast Mon 10-Aug-15 21:36:22

Firstly- i do work. I can come home in the middle of the day for upto 2 hours and take the puppy for walk/play etc. Is it feesible to leave a puppy on its own for 4-5 hours???

Secondly- i do have two cats. What are some suitable breeds that can live with cats??

WalfordEast Mon 10-Aug-15 21:39:22

I should add- im self employed so my work schedule does vary- the 4/5 hours would be "max"- quite often it would be more like 2/3 hours and once the puppy is older i could possibly take it to work with me.

TooOldForGlitter Mon 10-Aug-15 21:53:52

It's not feasible to leave a puppy for four hours no. Nor three hours. It's way way too long for a puppy.

tabulahrasa Mon 10-Aug-15 22:48:05

I wouldn't plan on leaving a puppy every day while you work until it's about 6 months old or older.

They need pretty much constant supervision while house training for starters and they get lonely, they're babies.

An older dog might work though.

Lokibuddyboo Tue 11-Aug-15 14:16:19

A toilet trained dog could but it would be difficult with a pup as they need to be taken out regularly to toilet.
Can someone watch it for you during the day when your mot there till you've toilet trained and pup is a few months old that's what my father did.

anniebear71 Tue 11-Aug-15 14:59:40

My Puppy is 5 and a half months and no way could I go to work and leave her as much as you are wanting to. She's too young. Up to know the longest she has been left is 3 and a quarter hours and that's not daily. Often its 2 hours. must be hard for people really wanting a pup, but whilst working every day I don't think it's fair to have a puppy. An older dog yes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now