Talk

Advanced search

Our dog is missing

(15 Posts)
hibbleddible Thu 06-Aug-15 07:31:51

We are very worried, I think she may have gone out while we were putting the bins out last night.

I've called the police (no help), and will call the dog warden and local vets as soon as they open. I've done a profile on lostdog

Any other advice? (Or hand holding?)

insanityscatching Thu 06-Aug-15 07:35:54

Are there any local Facebook groups you can get her photo on? Hope she turns up safely soon.

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Thu 06-Aug-15 07:37:07

FB is a great idea. Is she chipped?

hibbleddible Thu 06-Aug-15 07:38:50

Thank you. Yes I've put her on Facebook groups. She is chipped, which is something. I just hope she is safe. She has been missing all night now sad

Eyre89 Thu 06-Aug-15 07:38:50

Oh I'm so sorry no hand holding and flowers brew

I take it this has never happened before?

Are you on social media as that can be really useful in these situations. My friends Chihuahua got out and she put photos and information on her local buy sell and spotted Facebook pages and followed the sightings and eventually caught up with him. It may be worth a try?

Eyre89 Thu 06-Aug-15 07:39:32

X posts x

Reginafalangie Thu 06-Aug-15 07:41:06

Firstly the police won't do anything for a lost dog as it isn't a police matter hence why they were no help.

Have you gone out looking? Whenever ours got out he would always follow the same route we took on our walks.
Also do you have a local animals lost and found page, ours is brilliant and very successful at reuniting pets with owners. Or is that lost dog that you have already posted on?

The local pound and vets is the next which you have done so I am afraid you have to wait until she is found. It is awful and distressing but your dog will probably come home or be found.

catzpyjamas Thu 06-Aug-15 07:41:30

Hello, so sorry your girl is missing. Facebook can be really useful in these situations: search for Lostbox, the local newspaper's page, local area pages. Put up a clear photo on all of them if you can. As soon as they open, call the vets, local shelters and warden. Is she chipped?

catzpyjamas Thu 06-Aug-15 07:42:46

Have you reported her missing to the microchip company? Check they have up to date contact details.

Arkkorox Thu 06-Aug-15 08:09:23

Get her registered on DogLost, they will send out and email alert to people in the local area on their database

fuctifino Thu 06-Aug-15 08:13:34

Have you rung the kennel that deals with the strays?
Sorry she's escaped, very worrying. Hope you find her soon.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 06-Aug-15 08:16:29

echoing all the above. Posters on lamp posts. facebook appeal. local vets.

flowers

hibbleddible Thu 06-Aug-15 16:32:15

She was found with the power of Facebook and we are happily reunited.

grin

basildonbond Thu 06-Aug-15 17:00:51

Phew! That's great news - you must be so relieved

Eyre89 Thu 06-Aug-15 17:40:53

Great news. So happy she's home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now