Talk

Advanced search

Best flea treatment/wormer?

(7 Posts)
OhThisIsJustGrape Tue 04-Aug-15 20:22:09

We're picking up our new rescue dog on Friday gringrin and I'd like to worm him/flea treat him but have no idea which to get?

CMOTDibbler Tue 04-Aug-15 20:34:43

We use Drontal as a wormer, and Advocate flea treatment. It seems to keep everyone (3 cats, 2 dogs) pest free!

basildonbond Tue 04-Aug-15 21:01:56

Our dog is allergic to spot-on treatments so at the moment he's got a seresto collar for fleas and ticks and he has milbemax against worms inc lungworms

I'm going to ask for bravecto when his collar runs out though as he swims all the time which can reduce its efficacy

WeAllHaveWings Tue 04-Aug-15 22:45:26

We're on advocate spot on monthly for most things and milbemax tablet every 6 months for tapeworm (skip the advocate when he gets the milbemax).

he used to get drontal and was ok, but the 3rd and 4th time he had it he vomited a lot so vet switched to milbemax.

We don't do anything for ticks as he (and other dogs we meet in areas we walk in) has never had ticks.

MostAmused Tue 04-Aug-15 23:08:23

We use milbemax for worms and bravecto for fleas and ticks. Each are just a pill taken every three months. Have not had any problems with either pest smile

Lokibuddyboo Wed 05-Aug-15 01:50:22

I use milbemax for worms and frontline for fleas. Not had any problems with either.

duncanslegacy Mon 28-Dec-15 01:22:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now