Talk

Advanced search

Have just looked in my dogs' bed, and there are tiny wriggling worms on it!!

(16 Posts)
Swifey Sun 02-Aug-15 21:12:03

Are they flea larvae? The digs have fleas at the moment, which seem totally resistant to everything; we have tried spot on, flea collars and flea shampoo, but it seems to make no difference. I am going to ring the vet tomorrow to see what else they have got, but was just checking that the 'worms' were flea larvae??? Or something else,equally as disgusting!!!

Swifey Sun 02-Aug-15 22:04:24

Anyone??? It's making me itchy just thinking about them!

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 02-Aug-15 22:05:55

post a picture.

definitely worms or could they be maggots?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 02-Aug-15 22:10:56

Hav eyou tried Bravecto for the fleas?

trashcanjunkie Sun 02-Aug-15 23:47:19

Spot on is crap, surely you know this? Speak to your vet and get something decent. As for the worms, maybe ask your vet about that too.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 03-Aug-15 00:07:30

I would say it's far more likely to be bum worms. Get some Drontol!

Also there is an online poo analysis website Ive used in the past which is good. Send a sample off and they tell you the worm count.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 03-Aug-15 00:14:32

If you use Advocate it will do fleas and worms. Buy some Indorex to spray the house with.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 03-Aug-15 00:15:06

wormcount.com

fallingoffthetoast Mon 03-Aug-15 00:17:46

I'd say flea larvae they do look like maggots. Agree with op you need vet prescribed treatment for the dogs and spray for house.

Swifey Mon 03-Aug-15 01:48:01

The dogs were wormed (with stuff from the vets) about 4 weeks ago, which is why I didn't think it was bottom worms. No tell tale signs either, if you know what I mean!

VivaLeBeaver Mon 03-Aug-15 07:49:18

I stand corrected then. Blimey! We've had fleas several times and ive never seen flea larvae. Didn't realise they could be that visible. I guess fleas is better than bum worms.

moosemama Mon 03-Aug-15 10:44:25

The only time I've ever seen flea larvae is when I rescued a feral kitten at my grandparents' house in Ireland as a child. I had to carry it home clutched to my front as it was injured, but wild and when I put it down my jumper was covered in little crawly maggots. envy <-- not envy The kitten was riddled with fleas, so I assume they were flea larvae. I totally freaked out and burned my jumper! blush

Definitely get to the vets and get some Advocate for the dogs, then treat your whole house with something like Acclaim, Indorex or Nuvan Staykill. The vets should be able to give you both.

duncanslegacy Mon 28-Dec-15 01:29:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Hetty3838 Mon 28-Dec-15 22:12:24

Go to vets. Only vet brought treatments seem to work for my dog. She has a chewy tablet for fleas , tics and worms forgotten the name but it smells of bisto !

TheCrowFromBelow Mon 28-Dec-15 22:29:38

Bravecto is the one like bisto -DDog loves it, he runs away from advocate. Off the shelf flea treaments are no good, get to the vet!

Hetty3838 Mon 28-Dec-15 22:50:29

We love bravecto then. Advocate made Ddog smell of gas for days the first time I used it I was convinced we had a gas leak !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now