Is it weird that I like the smell of my pups feet?

(16 Posts)
Bonkay Sat 01-Aug-15 23:20:44

It is isn't it?grin
She's a 9 week old bundle of puppy smell.blush

BloodyDogHairs Sat 01-Aug-15 23:22:00

Not at all because I love picking at my dogs nails grin

ProbablyMe Sat 01-Aug-15 23:27:44

Nope. Still love my dogs (and cats) feet and she's now 6.

GraysAnalogy Sat 01-Aug-15 23:29:03

Nope. My dog has biscuit paws I love them ha

Lokibuddyboo Sat 01-Aug-15 23:34:18

Nope
my dogs paws smell like popcorn he's two now and I still like the smell of his paws.
I also like the smell of puppy breath it's a shame the puppy breath smell goes away after a while.lol
I think only people who don't have dogs would think it's weird.

KiwiJude Sun 02-Aug-15 07:48:09

No no no, it's not weird at all smile

Our first DDog had lovely smelling feet, esp in summer when he'd been out on the grass - we used to call it grass jam, doesn't sound that nice but it smells just so summery. DDog #2 has feet that smell similar, in a nice way too luckily, although the other day when DH was out on poop patrol DDog #2 managed to land his clodhoppery feet in all three poops ... grin

Justwhy Sun 02-Aug-15 07:54:15

Digestive biscuits. Yummy paws.

LimeJellyHead Mon 03-Aug-15 14:40:34

One of our dogs has slightly cheesy feet, which I don't smell on purpose, lol. Our other dog has lovely smelling feet. Someone above said popcorn and that is a great description, yes smile

ExConstance Mon 03-Aug-15 15:16:25

No, OP, my elderly Staffie's feet smell nice too. Sort of like breakfast cereal.

NoelHeadbands Mon 03-Aug-15 16:09:53

Sadly my dogs feet just smell like the rest of him- a bit doggy.

Is it wrong to admit that I quite like the smell of his farts though? Yes it probably is, so I won't be doing that then blush

TheHoundsBitch Mon 03-Aug-15 18:55:18

My dogs feet smell like biscuits, I love it grin

Merriboo Mon 03-Aug-15 19:01:17

Ohhh digestive biscuit feet!! Love em grin

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Mon 03-Aug-15 19:03:56

No not weird. Sniffing puppies is like sniffing the tops of new human babies' heads.

It simply must be done. grin

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Mon 03-Aug-15 19:04:40

In fact even sniffing non-baby dogs if divine.

It's a dog thing. If you don't have a dog you wouldn't understand.

Mitzi50 Mon 03-Aug-15 19:05:25

My staffie x's feet smell like cereal (sort of wheaty) - I like the smell but have sometimes wondered why they smell like this. I haven't smelt the greyhound's feet.

Username359185 Mon 03-Aug-15 19:24:14

One of my cats sometimes has sweaty little paws (not very often, she's terribly fastidious - maybe three times in eleven years!) and I love sniffing them. i once dreamed that I ate all her paws. Thankfully they grew back afterwards. They were made of marshmallow.

I also love the smell of crisp cold in their fur when they've been outdoors in the depths of winter and they come in to curl up beside the fire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now