Talk

Advanced search

Dogs on the Dole

(5 Posts)
ender Fri 31-Jul-15 14:30:56

Did anyone see this program, on Ch4 28/7. I recorded it and watched last night. I'm worried about one of the dogs and wondering if there's anything I can do.
It showed a dog warden on a council estate with a GSD that had been reported as a stray. The owner arrived and reclaimed it and mentioned that the dog had "bad legs" because it was old. As it walked away, very slowly as if in pain, you could see that the front claws were so overgrown that the poor dog was balancing on them sad.
The program was mostly about the work of the Dogs Trust but they didn't seem to be involved with this dog. Any ideas on what I can do to get a message to owner suggesting he gets the dogs nails cut? Or should I mind my own business and stop obsessing about it?

DottyCotton Fri 31-Jul-15 14:36:00

You could contact Channel 4, or look up the details of the production company and try to contact them directly I suppose. That said, I have not seen the programme, but it is likely that it was filmed many months ago, possibly up to a year as many are.

ender Fri 31-Jul-15 14:41:22

Thanks Dotty. It didn't occur to me that program likely to have been recorded a long time ago. I wish I hadn't watched it.

BallyGoBackwards Fri 31-Jul-15 15:40:57

I wish I hadn't watched it too........

ender Fri 31-Jul-15 16:34:05

Another reason I wish I hadn't watched it - the man with the microscope who did home visits to masturbate potential stud dogs to get samples to test. shock.
Although I was relieved when the bulldog with ingrowing eyelashes was found not to have any viable sperm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now