Talk

Advanced search

Think my dog may have eaten half a lime

(11 Posts)
littlepeas Thu 16-Jul-15 22:32:59

Cut up a lime for gin and tonics - left 3/4 of it on the worktop (quite far back!) came back and now not there. I've found the quarter in the garden, but no sign of the half! He is very foodie, but would he really have eaten a lime? And do I need to worry? Citrus isn't very good for them, is it? 6 month old golden retriever.

littlepeas Thu 16-Jul-15 22:34:46

I've actually been down on the floor trying to smell his breathe to see if it smells limey (he just smells doggy).

Arkkorox Thu 16-Jul-15 22:37:30

He will more than likely be fine just keep an eye on him for any change in behaviour etc.

Lilcamper Fri 17-Jul-15 05:53:58

Citrus is not harmful to dogs. Most of them just don't like it.

CamelHump Fri 17-Jul-15 06:04:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LimeJellyHead Fri 17-Jul-15 11:01:25

I would be amazed if he did eat it. I bet he carried it away somewhere as a prize and then though yuck, lol. I bet you find it shrivelled in a bed or secret hiding place one day grin Even if he did eat it, I don't think it would hurt him.

LimeJellyHead Fri 17-Jul-15 11:02:39

Oh no, now I am watching this again, lol.

youtu.be/RCRNJfvfEfg

littlepeas Fri 17-Jul-15 14:32:03

Well, if he did eat it he doesn't appear to have suffered any ill effects. I think you are probably right lime - I can imagine him trotting off very happily with it and then dumping it when he realised it wasn't nice.

littlepeas Fri 17-Jul-15 15:13:51

The lime has appeared! I was sat at the kitchen table on laptop with dog at my feet and I thought I could smell it, so looked under the table and there it was! I think he must have brought it in from the garden. He has eaten some of it. Crazy dog will eat anything!

Fearless91 Fri 17-Jul-15 18:00:19

I wouldn't worry that he's eaten some of it. It isn't harmful to them anyway - they just usually turn it down because of the taste!

Obviously yours is different grin

villainousbroodmare Fri 17-Jul-15 18:01:16

Classy beast. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now