Talk

Advanced search

Tell me if this sounds doable .....

(3 Posts)
BertrandRussell Thu 16-Jul-15 16:52:03

...our dog sitter for the weekend is ill.

We are going early Saturday- back Sunday afternoon. Family weddiing so can't postpone. Dog has dog flap into secure garden. Would it be all right to live her if our neighbours popped in regularly, played with her, walked her spent time with her? She can't go to them because they have an elderly frail dog who gets very upset if another dog comes into his house. She's used to being left- but has never been alone overnight before. I'm obviously trying to find a better solution, but if push came to shove.....would you leave her? She is a very good sleeper and usually crashes out for the night at about 10.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 16-Jul-15 17:42:59

If your neighbour will come in and feed when you need and you leave phone numbers: yours, vets etc, and you won't be too upset if there is a mess in the house, you will be fine. We have done it, and the dogs were absolutely fine.

Floralnomad Thu 16-Jul-15 19:05:33

Id say no , my neighbours do this when they go on holiday and the dog barks in a very distressed manner for much of the time ( it's not me that goes in !) - besides which no garden is absolutely secure and dog thefts are on the increase - particularly in Kent .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now