Talk

Advanced search

Aunt is letting an uncontrolable dog off lead wwyd

(8 Posts)
Mrsjayy Wed 15-Jul-15 17:05:25

My Aunt is walking her friends dog for reasons im not sure anyway the dog is really aggresive and no recall it has gone for my dog and dd saw it going for another yesterday it doesnt bite but growls and barks its to strong for my aunt ive just seen her in the field trying to get it away from another dog i just wanted to yell keep it on a lead wwyd

JessiePinkMan Wed 15-Jul-15 17:28:47

Definitely. She could be sued or at least have to pay someone else's vet fees if their dog gets hurt. It's not an excuse to say it only barks, that is still aggressive behaviour & could set the other dog off attacking. I hate it when people say 'oh don't worry he never bites' well that's ok then just let your dog jump up & bark in my face hmm no, train it properly or keep it on a lead

Mrsjayy Wed 15-Jul-15 17:41:42

I think the dog is her friends husbands he isnt well atmits strong aunt is a be
iever all dogs need a good run tut I am going to just say to her that somebody could report her and to keep it on lead or not walk it.

imabusybee Wed 15-Jul-15 18:38:11

I would pose the conversation as if you're concerned for her rather than criticising her - if she's anything like my aunt that would go down better. Start off with something like 'I heard about so and so's dog being put to sleep because of the new legislation even if a dog doesn't bite someone if it scares them it can be seized! Maybe to be on the safe side you should keep X dog on the lead in future'

If it's difficult to contain on the lead you can suggest halti harnesses or head collars?

Mrsjayy Wed 15-Jul-15 19:03:06

Yeah i will go about it that way thanks

Fearless91 Wed 15-Jul-15 21:09:19

Definitely speak to her. It's not fair on the dog or other dogs.

I'm not a fan of the Halti collars but the canny collar is brilliant. Though the dog should be trained to walk properly instead of relying on leads/collars. They usually always figure out ways around them..

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 15-Jul-15 22:33:48

You could report her yourself. Rather than be complicit in the risk. If it does attack someone you will also be to blame because you might have been able to prevent it.

Mrsjayy Fri 07-Aug-15 16:08:02

I forgot about this sorry Aunts friend has got a dog walker for her dog not sure what happened but problem solved thanks for replying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now