Talk

Advanced search

Aloe Vera and dogs

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 07-Jul-15 14:16:16

Has anyone used pure aloe Vera to treat a sore ear?

Sore from excessive scratching. Vet has checked and it's not infected and can't see anything in the ear. We think it might now be a habit.

MostAmused Tue 07-Jul-15 20:32:47

Never used Aloe Vera but we have used coconut oil to soothe itchy ears during an infection so might help relieve any itching he has?

nellieellie Wed 08-Jul-15 09:48:11

May be yeast. Do they smell a bit cheesy, or bready? If so, apple cider vinegar, 1 part to 3 parts water will help.

mckenzie Fri 10-Jul-15 17:47:44

Thank for the replies guys. Do I wipe with coconut oil or the cider vinegar mixture or squirt it in the ear? And how often please?

MostAmused Sat 11-Jul-15 18:54:49

Coconut oil melts at body heat so I just smeared some on a tissue then wiped it around the inside of his ear. Dogs ear canals are L-shaped so I massaged the jaw etc to work it down there.

If it's for an infection I would do it morning and night and I would dry the ears inside and out with tissue if he went swimming etc. If you think it's a mild irritation then just every morning or something.

This is just personal experience and research btw, just what's worked for us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now