Talk

Advanced search

I think my dog has a grass seed up her nose.

(7 Posts)
F475LAG Mon 06-Jul-15 09:19:08

Got up at 6 this morning and my lab girl was making snorting noises and pawing at her face. The lymph nodes below her eyes are swollen too. Phoned the vets when they opened at 9 and they're seeing her at 11ish at the end of surgery.

Can I ask for some hand holding please? My friends's lovely dog died from what the vet thought was a grass seed that had been inhaled and had migrated. sad

LimeJellyHead Mon 06-Jul-15 10:48:19

Good luck. Hopefully they get that little nasty out. Well done for spotting an issue and let us know how you get on. Hand holding here flowers

F475LAG Mon 06-Jul-15 12:13:04

Thank you so much. They are keeping her in and sedating her to have a good look. Poor lass looked so scared when I walked away.
The other two are really unsettled and keep looking for her.

I didn't realise until I was filling out the insurance form, it's her second birthday today. I know she has no idea but it seemed quite sad for her.

rubyroux Mon 06-Jul-15 16:00:40

Any update OP? They're such a worry sometimes flowers

F475LAG Mon 06-Jul-15 16:12:38

She's back home. grin She had a grass seed in her tonsil which has been removed and they've taken needle biopsies of the lumps under her eyes because they are apparently 'a bit weird'. The rest of her lymph nodes aren't swollen so it's fairly unlikely to be lymphoma but they want to be sure.
She ended up having a general anaesthetic so was very wobbly and is now curled up tight next to me.

Whew!

rubyroux Mon 06-Jul-15 16:15:54

Oh what a relief! Bless her, she'll be feeling a bit funny after her general. Healing vibes for the next few days!

F475LAG Mon 06-Jul-15 17:15:10

Thank you, it's much appreciated. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now