Talk

Advanced search

For the love of dogs

(20 Posts)
Whereisyourblankie Sat 04-Jul-15 19:52:04

Was inspired by lovely pics of cats. If you just want to share the love and photo of the canine, here's your chance.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 04-Jul-15 20:01:05

Lovely idea!

Mollie Moo, our year old collie. She is far too clever for her own good, lets our other dog out of his crate so he can go on the rampage, opens doors, generally makes mischief then blames others

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 04-Jul-15 20:06:40

CopDog, our newest dog. Around 10 months old, bull in a china shop spaniel. Was found in a factory after setting off the alarms, spent a night in the cells after he was recovered by the police, owners refused him back, wanted him PTS so was sent to the pound. On his final day an English rescue stepped in and paid for his upkeep until he could be brought over here. Diamond of a dog considering his rough start, we've just got him up to a reasonable weight as he was super skinny when we got him five weeks ago.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 04-Jul-15 20:07:59

And finally our beautiful old Lab, Smudge who we lost last summer at the age of 14 to osteosarcoma.

flanjabelle Sat 04-Jul-15 20:14:25

My beautiful staffie girl. She is an absolute angel, no trouble at all. Love her to bits.

flanjabelle Sat 04-Jul-15 20:16:27

Should have said, she didn't have a good start, she was used in a puppy factory until she nearly died and had to have a hysterectomy when abandoned. She has no reason to love humans, but is the most loving dog I have ever met. Humans can be so evil.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 04-Jul-15 20:17:20

love this pair of bastard terriers

Whereisyourblankie Sat 04-Jul-15 20:32:08

Hellhath, gorgeous dogs. flowers for smudge. I lost one of my two Scotties a couple of years ago, still miss her dreadfully. Here's to the 'elsewhere' dogs. Never, ever, ever forgotten.

Whereisyourblankie Sat 04-Jul-15 20:33:53

And flanjabelle, to the ones who have had a shit start and can still love so much.

ladylinda52 Sat 04-Jul-15 21:35:16

Our gorgeous Reg, as a puppy and as a handsome 2 year old.

Gillh89 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:14:47

My beautiful boy will be 2 next month. He's definitely a handful and a little bugger, but I absolutely adore him!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 05-Jul-15 00:12:48

My old boy Barney, who we lost in December, and our new young whippersnapper Monty. My handsome boys.

basildonbond Sun 05-Jul-15 09:50:58

Here's my gorgeous Toller - he's nearly 2 and brings so much joy

MerdeAlor Sun 05-Jul-15 09:56:59

This is my lovely old boy who was PTS yesterday sad

SewingAndCakes Sun 05-Jul-15 10:00:52

flowers MerdeAlor it's awful isn't it?

Here are my two, Lola the collie is a nightmare handful!

SmileAndNod Sun 05-Jul-15 10:01:13

These are beautiful, and are doing nothing for my longing for a dog.
MerdeAlor so sorry for your loss, he looks like a gorgeous friend flowers

TheoriginalLEM Sun 05-Jul-15 10:35:58

oh Meredealor - he looks like a real character, its painful isn't it? you'll have some lovely memories.

Here is Tiny, we lost him nearly 12 years ago, he was my first dog as an adult and made so many positive changes to my life. He cemented my relationship with DP and indirectly was the reason i went to university and have the job i have now. I still miss him, but the memories are good.

nellieellie Sun 05-Jul-15 14:10:17

My boy

EdwinaLIzzard Sun 05-Jul-15 15:56:30

My beautiful boy Milo, as a naughty 'it wasn't me' puppy and now aged 9 months

Frolicacid Sun 05-Jul-15 19:38:15

These are lovely. Frolicdog's current fave spot is on my bump. I hope she's as keen on the baby once he's out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now