Talk

Advanced search

Would this worry you v sleepy puppy

(13 Posts)
Wotsitsareafterme Thu 02-Jul-15 19:25:56

Our cocker puppy is 9 weeks. He is desperate to sleep this evening and flat out at my feet. I had crated him but let him out when we had had tea. He would have stayed in there but I was worried I brought him in with us.
Do puppies get very very tired and am I panicking for nothing?

daisydotandgertie Thu 02-Jul-15 19:36:27

Yes, they can get v v tired.

What's he done over the past couple of days. If it was v hot where you are yesterday, it may be tiredness from that.

Wotsitsareafterme Thu 02-Jul-15 19:40:26

Bombed around with loads of kids. He slept couple of hours this am too. Do they sleep more after they have settled in? I was amazed he sleeps all night

Mimigolightly Thu 02-Jul-15 19:44:04

Don't worry - Cockers are generally bomb proof. He will play loads, sleep loads and, if he's anything like my 2 were, eat loads.

Wotsitsareafterme Thu 02-Jul-15 19:55:01

I have had a dog before but not from a puppy. It's going really well the toilet training is amazing! I think I'm just paranoid we have broken him!

Mimigolightly Thu 02-Jul-15 20:32:28

You can't break a Cocker - they're bomb proof.

juicynectarines Thu 02-Jul-15 20:34:21

Yes my puppy slept about 20 hours a day once he had settled in. They sleep to grow!!!!

mrslaughan Thu 02-Jul-15 20:44:51

Puppies need sleep just like babies! Personally esp as you a re going to to school hols I would be scheduling nap/quiet time, great for behaviour but also they need sleep to grow.

lougle Thu 02-Jul-15 21:29:28

They sleep just like babies. Short bursts of activity followed by a nap.

Wotsitsareafterme Thu 02-Jul-15 21:43:23

Thanks all. He is throwing himself around the garden now!
Panic over! I take on board the advice about enough sleep to grow. That's a great excuse to let the kids lie on the sofa watching movies as he likes to sleep under their feet :-)

Wotsitsareafterme Fri 03-Jul-15 12:09:36

He's fine today. What would I do without mn!!

Lokibuddyboo Mon 27-Jul-15 02:12:31

Yeah I asked my vet the same question when I got my ddog at 8 weeks old and was told that puppys can sleep for up to 20 hours a day.

Adarajames Mon 27-Jul-15 14:02:36

Even adult she generally sleep for around 18 hrs a day! (Working dogs excepted of course) I want a spaniel puppy! envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now