Talk

Advanced search

Not liking today, it brings back sad memories

(2 Posts)
hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 30-Jun-15 09:07:17

Not liking how quiet my year old Border Collie is. I know it's because she was spayed yesterday and she is still recovering but, on reflection, it wasn't good timing. It is a year ago today that I made the decision to put our 14 year old Lab to sleep and watching her today being not her usual whirlwind self is like seeing my old boy with the pain etched onto his face all over again on his final day. We'd been told repeatedly that our old fella had arthritis until we sought a second opinion, the second vet said 'cancer' and a nasty aggressive form. She thought we might have 4-6 weeks with him but we got just 4 days.

I know some people think they are just dogs but they are not are they? They are so much more.

EdwinaLIzzard Tue 30-Jun-15 10:27:36

No they are not just dogs, they are a significant family member who offer us unconditional love, companionship and more funny, poignant moments than I can call to mind.

This must be so hard for you, anniversaries are tough at the best of times, but to see your collie pup recovering from her operation and thinking back 12 months - it really does bring all those raw emotions back to the surface.

Try and think of all the wonderful happy times you had with your lab and all the many many wonderful years to come with your collie.

Give her an extra gentle stroke from me flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now