Talk

Advanced search

You know when you bring your newborn baby home from hospital and you can't sleep because you keep having to check they're still breathing......

(5 Posts)
MidnightDinosaur Sat 27-Jun-15 11:53:11

Is it normal to do this with your new dog too? blush

Now Scout is recovered from his Neuturing op, he's had a lot more exercise than usual today.

He took himself off to his crate at 7.30pm. It's 10.50pm now and he's still sound asleep but I keep checking on him to make sure he's still breathing as he's awfully quiet.

He's refusing to go out for last pee's the last few nights due to how cold it is so he'll be fine until morning, whether I'll be able to wait that long to wake him up though is another story. grin

EdwinaLIzzard Sat 27-Jun-15 17:31:55

Oh yes, quite normal (in my little world anyway!!)

I still check for breathing when my (9 month old) pup is having a doze on the sofa. I was quite paranoid for his first few weeks and was convinced that any little upset tum would result in him going to sleep and never waking up.

I was a million times worse with the pup than I was with my DD blush

Heaven knows how I will be on the 8th July when he is going in for his neutering op ………...

minesapintofwine Sat 27-Jun-15 23:50:37

I distinctly remember a horrible moment when me and dh both thought the worst...she was just in a deep sleep! That was a decade ago and tbh I've started doing the regular breathing checks again, but it's not as scary, more accepting and a bit sad (aging ddog now) (she will hopefully be with us a few more years)

minesapintofwine Sat 27-Jun-15 23:51:49

Edwina my dc came after ddog and I definitely wasn't as bad with them grin

lighteningirl Sun 28-Jun-15 21:21:01

Yes I have woken my pup up to check and he is currently coming into our bed in the early hours every night as dh is worried he will get cold!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now