Talk

Advanced search

Nicknames for dogs.

(54 Posts)
LadyFuckrington Fri 26-Jun-15 19:11:31

Ours is a chihuahua/jack russel cross so obviously we call her the 'trained attack dog' 'vicious hound' and other untrue epithets.

I call her my precious pooch and other soppy things.

I'm interested to know what you all call your dogs other than their given names?

GobblersKnob Fri 26-Jun-15 19:18:29

Haha, every possible variant of their names under the sun, and then some that don't obviously connect to their names, and then every possible variant of those ... you get the picture grin

Only use their actual names as a recall command.

Notthecarwashagain Fri 26-Jun-15 19:20:58

I call ours Woofy (she is) Stinky (she isn't) or Hairy Lady.

Also some rude names under my breath when she's In My Way and just reverses instead of turning around and getting out the way.

BoutrosBoutros Fri 26-Jun-15 19:22:43

Shitbreak (SB in front of the toddler) or the furry turd. We love him but he's very needy and long and brown!

Buttercup27 Fri 26-Jun-15 19:24:19

Poo head. I bet you can guess why.

tomatodizzymum Fri 26-Jun-15 19:25:35

Labrador is Labradorable, doglet, banana and just B (said with a lot of enthusiasm to elicit maximum tail wagging).

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 26-Jun-15 19:28:55

Copper (a spaniel) is CopDog or Gitbag.

Mollie (a collie) is Cocoa, Moobag, Baby Girl or Bagagge.

His names will come as he gets his feet further under the table he settles in more and we get to know him better.

anythingforaquietnight Fri 26-Jun-15 19:29:34

Rufus Rough Arse

10 minutes in his company and you'll know why

StarsInTheNightSky Fri 26-Jun-15 21:33:24

The Major (her name is Motoko, although her proper name is Major Kusanagi) and AtAt (his name is Saren)

StarsInTheNightSky Fri 26-Jun-15 21:34:39

Should have said both are Caucasian Ovcharkas.

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 26-Jun-15 22:29:35

Our Irish Setter gets called a gormless giraffe.

He looks so majestic till he gets over excited and then its just legs and ears everywhere, no grace at all.

EdwinaLIzzard Fri 26-Jun-15 23:07:25

Fluff Bucket …… because he is a fluff bucket with all his puppy fur which stands on end and makes him look so funny and so sweet all at the same time!!

I know it won't last and am sure we'll find a new nickname when the time is right grin

tabulahrasa Fri 26-Jun-15 23:15:04

I call him dog often enough that he knows he's dog, I also add let to dog and his name (Brock) so he's doglet and Brocklet fairly often.

Babydog as well...he's a 3 yr old rottie, it no longer suits him, but it stuck, lol.

The rest aren't nice, numpty, eejit, git and horrible...but he is (he has behavioural issues, pretty severe ones) and I figure as long as I talk to him in a pleasant tone he cares not what I call him nor whether I'm threatening to never walk him again because he's tried to attack a passing car again.

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 26-Jun-15 23:17:35

Stinky, while I'm bagging up his traffic island sized excrement.

Sod / Bastard Dog / Hairy Little Fucker (under breath), on occasions when I see his arse rapidly disappearing into the distance on what was supposed to be a quick nip round the field.

TheHappinessTrap Sat 27-Jun-15 01:45:09

Well I'm going to sound like an idiot. I call mine darling, gorgeous, beautiful, girl dog, best girl dog, sweety... you get the picture!

kiwigirl42 Sat 27-Jun-15 02:04:09

The Pig in a Wig - very hungry chocolate Labrador!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sat 27-Jun-15 02:04:29

My ridgeback/staffy cross gets called Ruprekt after Steve Martins character in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. She's actually pretty smart but she can be daft too.... Her real name is Luna because she's white with grey and black spots like the moon....

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sat 27-Jun-15 02:08:09

And when we're feeling nice we call her Head of Security because she's got a really vicious sounding bark that she uses on anyone passing the house....

insanityscatching Sat 27-Jun-15 14:52:52

Eric is called all manner of things tbh. I call him baby or Erky, he gets called itzu shih tzu or poodle doodle depending on how curly his hair is that day. Bloody nuisance is a favoured one and devil dog features regularly but that is generally when he's being naughty.

GemmaTeller Sat 27-Jun-15 15:00:27

Max
Maxi Baxi
Maxi Baxi in a Taxi
Maximillium Crumb Bum
Lanky Larry Long Legs

boxer x mastiff

ShuShuFontana Sat 27-Jun-15 15:09:09

oaf face/fatso/Head of Security/Supervision Officer/LargeandInCharge

or for the otherone
oaf face/ninnymuggins/nancy/mamma's baby/wannabe lap dog

both are very large GSDs, and one of them firmly believes he should be a lapdog which is interesting as you are squished to a pulp.

weaselwords Sat 27-Jun-15 15:15:59

I call both of mine "furry thing", even though they are sleek, short haired dogs and not furry at all.

Also, the boy dog is Sillybrowndog, because he is this time.

ExConstance Sat 27-Jun-15 15:30:09

His Nibbynobbyness & Butchyboo ( 11 year old rescue staffie called Butch)

MostAmused Sat 27-Jun-15 20:01:57

Ozzy
Ozzman
Ozifer
Ozwald
Gorgeous Boy
Pup
Puppypops
Dog
Destructo Dog
Bastard Dog
(and on occasion) Little Fucker

I luffs him! grin

basildonbond Sun 28-Jun-15 10:21:55

Mine is

Bubs
Bubba boy
Squib dog (that's ds2's)
Sauron (that was also ds2's before he fell in love with ddog)

He also often has a 'y' added to his name and sometimes 'witzy' (it rhymes) as well but not in ds1's hearing as it doesn't sound v manly ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now