Talk

Advanced search

A kibble Question - Cold pressed?

(8 Posts)
mrslaughan Wed 24-Jun-15 09:43:13

I am hoping someone on here can short circuit a lot of phone calls.
Because the breed I have is prone to bloat - his breeder has suggested a cold pressed kibble (as an alternative to Raw) - rather than a a high temperature pressed kibble. This is because of where it is digested in the stomach.

I have rung a couple of food manufacturers and I am getting through to call centres who are obviously reading off a sheet of info they are supplied with.

Does anyone know of any in the UK?

TeamSteady Wed 24-Jun-15 10:04:27

i think markus muhle (sp) is cold pressed?

I think if you look on all about dog food they list them there?

I'll have a look for you...

TeamSteady Wed 24-Jun-15 10:09:45

"I am open to correction on this, but as I understand it, there are probably only about a handful of brands that are cold pressed. The ones that I know of are:
Markus Muhle NaturNah - just one variety
Markus Muhle Black Angus - I cannot find a separate website for this but there are several lifestage varieties on Zooplus here
Gentle - one type only (for all lifestages).
Lupo
Lukullus - again, I can only supply the Zooplus link here. There are several different varieties.
Platinum
Farmfood HE"

www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=679.0

Lilcamper Wed 24-Jun-15 10:16:17

My dog does well on Markus Muhle NaturNah and yes it is cold pressed. Orijen is too AFAIK.

mrslaughan Wed 24-Jun-15 10:16:18

thank you so much team steady I will have a good look at all of those.

spikejack Wed 08-Jul-15 14:17:49

I have a 12 week old Beagle and we use Gentle. It's cold pressed and a complete food, so suitable for all ages and contains the ingredients that dogs would eat if they actually lived, like, you know, in the wild. Rather than the Royal Canin that she came to us on. Feeding time is a bit hit and miss as shes picky and not always hungry at the right time of day apparently!

While I'm on here, does anyone have any tips on why she wee's on her bedding EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I put clean vetoed and whenever else she feels like it. I take her out for loads of wee's etc but it makes no difference. The underneath of her vetoed stuff is pretty Much dropping every morning, so I can't leave it like it. I think it's possibly because we don't use one of those enzyme based washing powders but it's driving me crazy and my house STINKS!!

And she eats snails and worms.
And her favourite place to sit is in the middle of an 'alive-with-big-fat-bees' lavender bush, which is now flat and splays out in every direction except upwards.

And she's got a slightly gooey eye.

Oh why did I agree to this?! I was totally cornered into it!!

Thank you ��

Floralnomad Wed 08-Jul-15 14:46:01

You need to wash the vetbed in bio washing powder/liquid - and get the eye checked by a vet just in case it is an abrasion .

mrslaughan Wed 08-Jul-15 16:31:37

I would discourage her from eating snails, because can't they carry Lungworm....I know slugs definitely do.....now I am doubting myself on the snails....but I would check with the vet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now