Talk

Advanced search

Ddog is being put down today

(18 Posts)
EasyToEatTiger Mon 22-Jun-15 09:01:52

Our darling old girl had a bad night and today's the day. I've got to go and see my mum for maybe the last time as she is so unwell so I won't be here when the vet comes. What a fucking crap day.

henrycocoa Mon 22-Jun-15 09:04:18

Oh, tiger flowers

Its for the best, you know that right? Completely shit, but you are doing the best thing for her.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 22-Jun-15 12:32:56

Oh Tiger. Crap day indeed. I'm so sorry. Please come back and rant, we totally understand. flowers

Heyheyheygoodbye Mon 22-Jun-15 12:34:09

I'm so sorry flowers How awful.

atonofwashing Mon 22-Jun-15 18:26:17

I am sorry flowers
What a sad time you are having. ((hugs))
xxx

BurningBridges Mon 22-Jun-15 22:17:23

Oh no Tiger, how awful shock - we are here for you as you are always for us flowers

Awks Mon 22-Jun-15 22:18:49

Really sorry. It's heartbreaking xxx

needastrongone Mon 22-Jun-15 22:41:49

Awww, I am so dreadfully sorry xx flowers

ToomuchChocolatemeansBootcamp Tue 23-Jun-15 10:27:12

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mum and your lovely girl. We are thinking of you x

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 23-Jun-15 11:40:56

Hey Tiger, how are you?

RosieMapleLeaf Tue 23-Jun-15 11:43:05

What an awful day for you. Always so difficult to make that final visit with the vet. xx

frumpet Tue 23-Jun-15 21:19:22

Cannot think of anything to say to make you feel better except I am sure your Ddog has been very lucky indeed to live with someone who clearly loves them so much flowers

EasyToEatTiger Wed 24-Jun-15 15:07:35

Thank you all for your kind messages. Ddog had a good run and we had been planning her demise for some time. She was nearly 18, and the vet came to the house. I wasn't at home. Nor was I at home for the arrival of some little heads appearing from underneath a chicken. One of our hens has hatched 9 eggs and we are delighted. What a rollercoaster!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 24-Jun-15 16:01:42

Aww, new chicks. smile

18 is a bloody good run. She was a lucky girl.

Will you bury her at home or perhaps keep her ashes? Barney is upstairs in a beautiful woven rush pouch in the cupboard beside our bed. He liked to get up there away from the kids. grin

EasyToEatTiger Wed 24-Jun-15 16:34:11

No we're not burying her. She is being cremated along with lots of other (hopefully much loved animals) and we will at some point take her to Epping Forest, a place she loved.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 24-Jun-15 20:50:09

I didn't think you could have the ashes back if they've gone off for general cremation with others? We had to pay to have him done on his own so we could have him back. Sorry if I've got that wrong, I'm only going on the one experience.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 25-Jun-15 19:07:23

I don't know. Dh has asked for some ashes but who or what. Although her death marks the end of an era, we have been aware now for months that she probably wouldn't go on for much longer and she surpassed our expectations. Now she is in heaven with her lovely lovely friends and boy, will she have some tales to tell!

TheoriginalLEM Thu 25-Jun-15 19:11:09

Give the vets a call first thing in the morning, chances are she wont have been collected yet and you can have a private cremation.

I am so sorry for the terribly sad time you are having just now.

18 years is an amazing age - you must have given her a really lovely life xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now