Talk

Advanced search

Dog psychology - need help

(2 Posts)
ladygaga1980 Sat 20-Jun-15 17:11:10

Hi, does anyone know what might be happening with my mini schnauzer?

She is 8 and I rehomed her 4 years ago. The problem is that she has fallen out with me! This happened over 6 months ago!

When I first got her we very close. She loved sleeping on my lap etc. We were inseparable.

Now she won't be in the same room as me! She barely acknowledges me when I come home and will shower affection on my husband, mother, neice etc. It's so heartbreaking.

I don't know what Ive done! Theories so far include: me being the one to put in her eye drops (although husband now does that), me accidentally kicking her back foot when walking down the street once (she scowled at me for that and I apologised!), me getting depression last year, me getting new glasses...

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've never heard of such a thing happening before sad

EasyToEatTiger Sat 20-Jun-15 22:40:44

I think you are thinking of your dog as another person.There is an old adage that if you treat a dog like a person, they will treat you as a dog. A good behaviourist will help. Try APDT. I'm sure someone will be along to advise on alternative behaviour associations. You'll get your dog back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now