Talk

Advanced search

poodles !

(3 Posts)
thriftychicken Mon 15-Jun-15 16:20:49

I have wanted to get a dog for years but when ds2 was younger he was allergic to them ( the german shepherd his granny had anyway)
recently my SIL has been visiting us alot and bringing her dog , its a jack russell x bichon and ds2 has been fine with it .

Hes 16 now so either hes grown out of it or hes fine with none shedding breeds perhaps , anyway ive been looking into it and i think a poodle would be a good choice for us .

im thinking miniature size.

thing is , i have no idea how to find a well bred , healthy one , likely to have a good temperament . i have heard that some can be highly strung so want to lessen the chances of this .
can anyone give me any advice about poodles and finding one please ?
i live in manchester but could travel .

SmartAlecMetalGit Mon 15-Jun-15 22:17:20

My first port of call would be the breed clubs. Your regional club would be the North Western Poodle Club, they don't appear to have a website but there are contact details for them on the Kennel Club site.

There's also a national club specifically for the miniature; Miniature Poodle Club.

They should be able to direct you to some breeders.

thriftychicken Tue 16-Jun-15 09:53:26

thanks , i'll check it out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now