Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advocate and washing help

(4 Posts)
LesleyKnopeFan Thu 11-Jun-15 07:19:22

Have a mini schnauzer who needs grooming every 8weeks, I usually time it so I give her flea treatment afterwards but this time she'll be due for it 10 days before her groom.

Advocate says to avoid bathing or swimming, will the bath and shampooing dilute the advocate or will it be ok?

pigsDOfly Thu 11-Jun-15 07:36:01

Yes it will if the dog is washed too soon after application, I would think after it's been on the dog for 10 days it wouldn't make that much difference.

If you're worried, can't the dog wait another week or so before she's groomed and then you can use the Advocate a few days after grooming.

Surely a grooming schedule doesn't have to be that rigid?

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 11-Jun-15 07:37:47

I can't get booked in with the groomer for another 3 weeks, which is 3 weeks late! It's not the grooming schedule it's my lack of organisation skills.......have a very hairy little dog at the moment.......

pigsDOfly Thu 11-Jun-15 07:49:47

Ah. Your post made it sound as if you were super organisedsmile.

Would it be too terrible if Advocate was 10 days late? Maybe ask you vet.

I know lots of people who don't regularly treat their dog with advocate and they never seems to come to any harm.

Unless you're in a very high flea/lung worm area I wouldn't have imagined 10 days would have made that much difference. Obviously I'm not an expert and I might be completely wrong (not helpful) so as I say might be worth giving vet a quick call just to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now