Talk

Advanced search

Do dogs drive you mental with food like cats do?

(7 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Thu 12-Feb-15 18:06:47

Or do they just eat what you give them?.

sweetkitty Thu 12-Feb-15 18:07:52

I think it depends I know from friends their dogs are fussy, mine would eat me if I stayed still long enough, she'll eat anything.

tabulahrasa Thu 12-Feb-15 18:41:26

Mostly dogs will eat what you give them and those that are chancers can be persuaded to eat what you give them.

Occasionally you'll get one that is just fussy and until that point you'll think that fussy dogs are made not born and that dogs won't starve themselves...until yours goes on hunger strike and doesn't eat in 4 days hmm.

But yeah mostly they'll eat whatever.

tomandizzymum Thu 12-Feb-15 18:49:56

My dog eats first, thinks later. Usually also polishes off what the cats have snubbed. He's a labrador though, so basically a stomach with legs, a tail and heaps of personality. Other dogs might be different.

NimpyWWindowmash Thu 12-Feb-15 18:59:32

My lurcher is picky.

Sometimes skips a meal if she dies not fancy it.

But does not starve herself.

She also cannot eat if someone is watching her.

musicposy Thu 12-Feb-15 19:22:37

One of mine does drive me mental with food, yes, but not because she's fussy. It's her life's mission to eat anything even vaguely edible she can find (edible being a grey area!). She spends her life raiding the bins (locked), trying to open cupboards, jumping on kitchen sides, anything to get a scrap of food. She's fed properly and well - is just the most terrible scavenger. Even a walk in a sheep field is an all-you-can-eat buffet with all that yummy sheep poo around envy.

Our other dogs all like their food and all bolt eat (did I mention they are actually well fed?) but none are as crazy over it as DDog2.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 12-Feb-15 20:19:48

My cats been picky since aldi changed the recipe in their tinned Food.

He's refused amionda carney tonight. He's obviously a prole.

I've given him whiskas hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: