Advanced search

Excessive wind

(6 Posts)
natureplantar101 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:16:55

My DDog has seriously bad wind since we got her last week its really really bad and she can clear the room doing it is there anything i can give her besides charcoal tabs to help it ? don't want to change her food as she loves it and is a bit fussy

Whippet81 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:42:08

What food is she on? Food really does make a difference to mine. He is unbearable even on a different flavour of the one that suits him.

Natural yoghurt can help and is quite cheap - just put a spoonful on top at mealtimes.

natureplantar101 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:14:42

She eats aldi tins with dry food mixed in isn't yogurt poisonous with them being lactose intolerant

WeAllHaveWings Wed 11-Feb-15 22:11:25

The solution is most likely to be found by changing food. Our ddog had 3 foods before finding one that suited and now we get small firm poo and no wind.

Grains tend to ferment in their digestive tract and a grain free food would be a good place to start. Also avoid any food with nasty additives/sugars, then try foods with different proteins. We avoid chicken, eggs and trout. Also avoid treats, if our ddog gets any unsuitable treats we know about it later!

Collaborate Thu 12-Feb-15 10:48:35

You could always try a goats milk yoghurt.

Whippet81 Thu 12-Feb-15 12:13:08

Mine have always had yoghurt.

Your problem is your food I'm afraid - it will have cereal listed as the main ingredient - you need a food that list the main ingredient to be the meat such as salmon or chicken (not meat derivatives). The only food that doesn't give mine terrible wind is Burgess Sensitive with Salmon and Rice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now