Talk

Advanced search

Dog dribbling pee!

(11 Posts)
Skivvywoman Sun 08-Feb-15 20:57:14

My wee yorkie was neutered when he was a year (we've only had him about 15 weeks)
He never ever pees in the house if he is bursting he cries to go out but every now and again he dribbles what I think is pee on the couch when he's lying down, sometimes I think it's maybe him licking himself as it's not that wet and other times it's quite wet but not a full pee and it doesn't stink like pee either!

Does anyone know what this could be?

Skivvywoman Mon 09-Feb-15 10:38:50

Bump

Skivvywoman Wed 11-Feb-15 22:02:55

Anyone?

Lilcamper Thu 12-Feb-15 11:19:48

Could be his anal glands expressing.

Skivvywoman Fri 13-Feb-15 07:34:17

Would that not be smelly?

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Fri 13-Feb-15 07:40:04

Our female lab did this all her life. She was on some medication to prevent it - urilyn syrup or something - not entirely sure as she was our "family" dog and mum dealt with the vet stuff! Not sure if the same thing could affect a male westie but worth checking, I guess?

Skivvywoman Fri 13-Feb-15 08:48:04

I'll make an appointment for the vet just to get him checked

Thank you

Skivvywoman Sat 14-Feb-15 09:24:08

Got an appointment at vet on Monday as he soaked my bed last night! Poor baby didn't know he had done it hmm

ThunderboltKid Sat 14-Feb-15 12:23:40

We had this with out dog. The first drug they have us was propalin syrup and didn't warn us that one of the side effects could be aggression. Our gorgeous playful spaniel has never been the same since. After another £1500 on training (and 2 years later), she can finally be near another dog without attacking it, though clearly doesn't like it.

In terms of the urinary incontinence, that's cost us about £5k and after numerous tests and an operation (which didn't work), she's finally under control taking two tablets a day for the rest of her life (incurin). They didn't give us these to start with as they are the more expensive option; but I wish they'd given us the choice!

(Sorry, really hope your experience is different. I'm still quite bitter about the whole thing!)

Skivvywoman Sat 14-Feb-15 16:32:35

I'd be bitter too!!

I'll ask about the tablet if he is incontinant, I called his previous owner and she said he never dribbled with her!

ThunderboltKid Sat 14-Feb-15 21:34:04

They'll probably ask you for a urine sample...which is hilarious trying to collect from a dog.

I used to sneak up behind mine with a ladle!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: