Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else up early against their own will ?

(14 Posts)
natureplantar101 Thu 05-Feb-15 08:05:38

pup woke me up at 7 !! 7 do dogs not know how to have a lie in grin walkie time soon

Scotlandfordogs Thu 05-Feb-15 08:07:49

Our cat got me up at 5am. He is not my friend this morning wink

natureplantar101 Thu 05-Feb-15 08:31:43

She's still learning so I'll let it go this time lol grin not sure the neighbours will be impressed with he bounding up and down the stairs and barkong like this each morning though i was only in bed for 8 hrs it was like id left her in her cage for 80 shock

EasyToEatTiger Thu 05-Feb-15 09:41:38

7am??? Wow what a luxury lie-in!!!! Dh is usually up at the crack of dawn, by 5am if he's lucky. Sodding dogs!

holmessweetholmes Thu 05-Feb-15 09:56:31

7! I wish. Dpup never wakes later than 6. This morning he woke at 3:45, was let out for a wee, then barked and whined on and off between 4:30 and 6. He's not a little baby any more either - just over 4 months!

mimiasovitch Thu 05-Feb-15 10:11:46

Our lovely old boy never wakes us up at that sort of time bless him. Mainly because he always needs a wee at about 3.00am. If I let him out the back he mooches around for 20 mins or so,do I find myself in hydrant garden in a dressing gown pleading with him to have a pee and stop sniffing the air and checking the lie of his land. I love him really, but it's like having a baby.

AgathaF Thu 05-Feb-15 10:14:30

Our old dog regularly wakes us during the night now. Last night it was 4am and 5am.

AgathaF Thu 05-Feb-15 10:15:31

Mimi we say exactly that on a regular basis these days - "it's like having a baby again"!

natureplantar101 Thu 05-Feb-15 10:15:47

ours is 2 smile it was her first night in her new home she did quite well if she wakes me up at 7 what are dc going to do when i finally have some hmm shes snoozing on her sofa (yes its her now wink ) me and Dp going to pet shop for her grin shes struck gold with us i think she knows it too

mimiasovitch Thu 05-Feb-15 16:49:09

Sorry - only just read my post. Hydrant garden indeed, though I guess that what it is to ddog! I remember the first fortnight of having him as a puppy, wondering what the hell we had done. If only I'd known the up all night bit would be nothing compared to the arrival of dd1.

LokiBuddyBoo1 Thu 05-Feb-15 18:32:55

No my dpup is lazy he likes a lie in if I have to get him up before 9am he is grumpy and has this look of disgust as I'm moving him out of my bed.
He likes to sleep in late has done since 8 weeks old and never had an accident whilst sleeping in.

MostAmused Thu 05-Feb-15 21:49:48

Wish dpup would go back to being lazy. Up until 5 months he would mooch about the crate and sleep until I got him up at half 8 but now it's 7ish each morning for the last week or two. Guess I'll have to get used to it!

insanityscratching Fri 06-Feb-15 08:20:52

I'm an early riser, Eric gives me a particular look of disgust when I come down at 5.30am grin He likes an 8am start, dh who likes a lie in at weekends is usually out walking at 9am as Eric gets him up, a feat none of our five dc ever managed hmm

nowomennocry15 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:06:01

dogs need alot of attention as they become bored easily like men lol

but you need to be up early to let them out for their business to be done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: