Talk

Advanced search

Raw fed dog and pigs trotter?

(8 Posts)
TooOldForGlitter Tue 27-Jan-15 18:05:51

My butcher has kindly chucked in a few pigs trotters with the normal bag of bones we get, he hasn't had these before, are they OK to feed? Does anyone know?

tabulahrasa Tue 27-Jan-15 18:10:21

Yes, though visitors sometimes look a bit disturbed if they pop in while it's being eaten, lol

youbethemummylion Tue 27-Jan-15 18:10:52

Normally I think you are supposed to stay away from weight bearing bones which I think trotters would be.

TooOldForGlitter Tue 27-Jan-15 18:28:29

Yes, I thought that about weight bearing bones too but isn't it supposed to be cow bones that are the more dangerous?

youbethemummylion Tue 27-Jan-15 18:44:50

I guess a cow has more weight to bear than a pig. I dont know all the ins and outs as my raw fed dog is 9yrs old so just has softer poultry bones.

Buttholelane Tue 27-Jan-15 18:47:45

My dog hates these.
Though yours might be different.

TooOldForGlitter Tue 27-Jan-15 18:54:48

I think i'll try him, see how he gets on. I always sit with him when he's eating one anyway so if he struggles i'll take it off him. Thanks everyone.

YourBubzYourRulzHun Wed 28-Jan-15 11:04:54

Did he like it? I buy them for my dogs when the local farm shop has them in and they love them. I've given them dried ones before which upset their tummies as they are quite fatty so I just stick to raw ones now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: