Advanced search

New house and ddog will not go to the toilet in the garden!

(5 Posts)
JingleBellsJuliet Sun 25-Jan-15 20:51:21

For the last 4 years we've lived in an apartment with just a car park area outside and big dog has never so much as wee'd in there, so we've had to do an 8pm walk every night to grass so as she will go (pup will go anywhere!). I hate this last walk as pup is scared of the dark, ds is not happy in the dark and I just really dislike it.

We moved 10 days ago to a house with a lovely garden and I was happily thinking that the dogs can have their last walk at 5pm then have a wee in the garden before bed. But it's not to be! At my dads, she merrily wees in his yard, ditto everywhere else, but she will not go here!

Tonight, I've been a bit harsh and haven't walked them under the assumption that If she's desperate, she'll have to go. She's pacing in front of the door and panting but no amount of trips outside will convince her to have a wee. I'm just hoping this doesn't backfire and mean I end up with a puddle on my floor!!

Why is my dog so bloody awkward? She once went for 3 days in Cornwall without a wee because there was nowhere to let her off the lead (all farmland) and she won't go whilst on the lead. Awkward bugger grin

moogalicious Sun 25-Jan-15 20:54:02

Put her on her lead, take her out the back then let her off again?

JingleBellsJuliet Sun 25-Jan-15 20:57:51

Yep tried that and she use looks at me like I've gone mad! She's a stubborn old sod

StoorieHoose Sun 25-Jan-15 21:00:44

We rescued our collie a year past in December and he has not once peed or pood in our back garden. Late nights and early morning walks are needed which is a PITA but so much nicer in the summer when you can lie on the grass knowing that it's 'clean'

JingleBellsJuliet Sun 25-Jan-15 22:58:25

Well I shut her out on her own for 10 minutes and she's been asleep in front of the fire ever since so I'm assuming she gave in and went; either that or the urge has passed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now