Talk

Advanced search

Dog insurance questions

(5 Posts)
chelsbells Sun 18-Jan-15 09:02:35

Who is your insurance through? And would you recommend them?

I've read so much about this company doesn't pay out, that one is awful and so on so looking to get one with a good name!

I've done a search on compare the market and prices are anywhere from £9-£20 per month and then searched on pet plan and they want £28 per month - are they really worth the extra?

Also can't find in the small print how soon after taking out the policy how soon you can claim if needed - is there a standard time?

TIA smile

muchovino Sun 18-Jan-15 09:07:06

Petplan are very good, they were recommended to me and we have been very pleased with the service. We had to claim recently and there were no problems. Very extensive cover - we ended up paying a little more to ensure we had the cover we needed but worth it. Obviously depends on your pet/age/existing medicals conditions etc - everyone is different. Good luck!

chelsbells Sun 18-Jan-15 09:31:04

Thanks for that Much.

Fortunately he doesn't have any medical conditions, but is 8 so want to get him sorted for the unexpected - with his breed they encounter lots of eye problems as they get older so trying to be prepared!

Animal friends are coming up well with a very similar plan but half the price... Anyone have any experience of them?

ChuffMuffin Tue 20-Jan-15 07:38:33

Standard no claim time for me with Direct Line is 14 days from start of policy. Im guessing that's cos you can cancel at any time in those 14 days.

Also might be worth noting that me and DH both got separate quotes from Direct Line for insuring our large crossbreed and there was a £4 a month difference in policy cost.. angry

TeamSteady Tue 20-Jan-15 10:24:18

I had m+s for first dog. They were brilliant at paying out- 13.5k over two years confused eek! But they weren't cheap....

I now have animal friends with ddog 2. I have only had to claim once with them for physio and hydro when she fell backwards off a two foot ledge whilst playing with a friend's GSD and hurt her back. Think the claim was for about 400 and they were fine, no problems and easy to deal with. Altho I have since read online that they can be a PITA about paying out... but that wasn't my experience.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: