Talk

Advanced search

Puppy - English Bull terrior cross - anyone else have one?

(5 Posts)
Bananasandchocolatecustard Sat 17-Jan-15 23:25:27

Brought him home from the dogs home today. He has been aged at 5 mths approximately. He was abandoned, so nothing know about his background.
I would be very interested to hear any experiences about this breed/cross.
TIA

JoffreyBaratheon Sun 18-Jan-15 01:08:10

Third generation bullie owner here. My grandad had them, my dad and then me. At the mo I have a 5 month old staffy cross, (we can support eachother through the baby bull terrier insanity!) but my last dog (she died last year aged 14) was a bullie and I grew up with them.

Best. Dog. Ever. Hands (paws) down. You have a bull terrier of any kind you will never want another kind of dog.

Will make you laugh with their antics. Will make you the centre of their world. They are real characters - hilarious, too. Our's always loved kids - my last one in particular, lived for the kids. Stubborn. So intelligent they won't be easy to get to do 'tricks' because there has to be something in it for them. (Check out the When Pigs Fly training book - invaluable as she is actually writing about training bullies!)

www.amazon.co.uk/When-Pigs-Fly-Training-Impossible/dp/1929242441

What do the rescue think he was crossed with?

Bananasandchocolatecustard Sun 18-Jan-15 09:19:28

Thanks for the link. The sescue isn't sure, but there is a possibility he is half pit bull. I have to wait until he is 9 months old and is checked.

Bananasandchocolatecustard Sun 18-Jan-15 09:19:57

Rescue, not secure.

serenablackfyre Sun 18-Jan-15 20:48:38

My girl is a deaf English bull terrier cross and is as stubborn (and as chunky!) as an ox. She makes me laugh with her ridiculous antics! She can be a pain though and they need firm boundaries and rules for training or they will walk all over you. Just persevere with training and they'll give you back 10x what you put in x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: