Talk

Advanced search

pee break on first journey home

(7 Posts)
Kissesgingers Fri 16-Jan-15 18:25:55

Thought I'd covered everything planning for bringing new puppy home tomorrow but having read about introducing a collar and lead slowly at home, how do I stop for puppy pee break on my 80 minutes journey home without losing her? Do I need a litter tray for in the car? Can I pop a collar and lead on and hope she doesn't hate it?

Thanks in advance, I've been lurking on this board since pup was 3 weeks old, joined to ask for help now and I'm sure plenty more times. She's 11weeks old working lab x working lurcher if that makes a difference.

lemisscared Fri 16-Jan-15 18:28:37

i think you need to resign yourself to her piddling in the xar tbh. lay those absorbant puppy pads and hope for the best. litter tray? nah

Kissesgingers Fri 16-Jan-15 18:47:23

She's used to sawdust area to pee in at moment, just thought a tray of it might encourage her but keeping her in the car. Have a mad friend whose cat travels loose in their campervan and uses a litter tray en route, just thought it might work as a one off.

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 16-Jan-15 19:06:17

I'd take some old towels and a blanket (and spares) and have them (and her) on your knee. Got our pup recently from a rescue. She was 9 weeks and they put collars on all the pups before we took them home.

lampygirl Fri 16-Jan-15 20:31:08

If you can encourage her to go before you leave and she sleeps in the car you might not need to. Ours managed nearly 2 hours because when we picked up we had a play with puppy and then toilets then drove home and she slept. She's always been good in the car. We did however put a tarp liner, then towels then a soft crate in the boot and put her in there in case she had an accident.

LokiBuddyBoo1 Sat 17-Jan-15 00:40:30

Just take some towels and a blanket and have pup on your lap.
My pup slept the entire journey home.

Kissesgingers Sat 17-Jan-15 13:21:24

We're home, she vomited twice but no pee. Had a good sniff round the garden and is now snoozing on her bed in her crate. She was intrigued by the windscreen wipers coming home, every time she dozed off I needed to clean the windscreen she was alert again! We had loads of towels and blankets and my daughter had her oldest wax jacket on for protection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: