Talk

Advanced search

You're a greyhound...

(8 Posts)
NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Fri 16-Jan-15 13:48:34

And wear a Martingale collar, overnight the collar has somehow come off and you've hidden it. Where is it?

We live in a small cottage,open plan downstairs, basically two rooms, there are limited places for a collar to be, but we cannot find it anywhere!
This happened once before about 2 years ago and we never found the collar then. What is she doing with them?!

Buttholelane Fri 16-Jan-15 13:53:22

Where did you buy it?
A properly fitting martingale closes slightly smaller than the dogs neck so should be impossible to remove?

mrslaughan Fri 16-Jan-15 14:05:34

she hasn't eaten it has she?

CMOTDibbler Fri 16-Jan-15 14:46:11

Buried under their bed? Under the sofa?

Dpuppy can take his martingale off in the house if he concentrates (because its designed to tighten with traction on the loop bit, so it can come off without), and those are his favourite places.

In our old house, which was fairly elderly, there was a gap under the door of the meter cupboard, and dcat used to push all his treasures in there, so if there are any gaps have a look

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Fri 16-Jan-15 16:45:37

It's a total mystery. Looked in and under everything we can think of. This will be the first time it has come off of it's own accord - it was a proper one.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my DP has somehow lost it - the first time it happened (2 years ago) he had taken the collar off because it was wet and by the morning it had weirdly vanished. I think he had taken it off again, but forgotten. This still doesn't answer the question of where they have gone!

mrslaughlan Our dog is not a chewer and has never eaten anything random - besides she couldn't have eaten it in it's entirety, surely!!

Kissesgingers Fri 16-Jan-15 18:30:37

Look in the sleeves of DPs coat? Anywhere warm? Shine torch down back of radiator s?

NoraRobertsismyguiltypleasure Fri 16-Jan-15 19:41:43

Good suggestions, still no luck. This will drive me potty.

awfulomission Fri 16-Jan-15 20:49:25

Mine shakes his off in the garden sometimes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: