Talk

Advanced search

The Rainbow bridge

(6 Posts)
cazzmags Tue 13-Jan-15 17:53:00

My beautiful, beautiful boy went over the bridge today. A brief cancer battle the bloody disease took him too soon.

I am bereft, the pain is unbearable but in my heart I know we did what we had to do. He did not suffer he passed peacefully with me telling him how much I loved him.

My heart is broken.......

picklesanne Tue 13-Jan-15 20:07:15

So sorry, it hurts so much but you did the best thing for him, he's at peace and in no more pain. Thinking of you. X

Salemthecat Tue 13-Jan-15 23:32:39

So sorry cazz. I also had to let my beautiful boy go yesterday and the pain is indescribable. I really am heartbroken.

At least we can take comfort in the fact we did the best for them right up to the end and that they knew just how much we love them.

Sleep tight boys x

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-Jan-15 23:35:13

So sorry, both of you, it hurts so much when you lose a beloved pet flowers

cazzmags Wed 14-Jan-15 08:48:29

Thanks everyone, Salem I'm so sorry for your loss too. It all feels a bit surreal in my head at the moment. I keep getting huge waves of grief wash over me. I guess that this is the price we pay for loving them so much but despite this pain I wouldn't have missed a second of the years I had with him. x

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 14-Jan-15 12:56:08

Oh cazz and Salem, so sorry for you. We lost our old boy last month. Miss him so much. sad

I have found that planning for when we get the next one has been helpful. It's given me something doggy to concentrate on. We only had the one dog so now we've got nothing. We are not dog owners at the moment. sad We are between dogs. grin

I've already said to dh that when we've had the next dog a few years, when it's grown up and calmed down, we'll get another one. I can't go through this again. I miss having a dog around. At least when you go from two to one you've still got a dog.

Can't be doing with this empty house either. Dh is at work, the kids are at school and I'm at home. He'd usually be asleep on the rug beside me. It's very lonely without him.

Hope it gets better for you. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: