Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Raw feeding question again. Different percentages suggested by different companies...

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 09-Jan-15 16:57:53

Nutriment say 5-6% of puppy's weight, Honey's say 8%.
I can't get hold of Nutriment to check if their percentage is lower because of the content of their food.
Any ideas please?

ender Fri 09-Jan-15 18:38:03

Nutriment are usually good at answering queries, maybe phone again on Monday, or email.

mckenzie Sat 10-Jan-15 07:41:16

I can't find a phone number for them on their website and the one on the end of the e mail I recieved from them is a digit missing.

muttynutty Sat 10-Jan-15 09:22:35

Tel: (01276) 63554 nutriment are open today.

Personally I start with 5% of body weight and observe the dogs appearance and weight. Some dogs will need more it does depend on the individual dog

silverjohnleggedit Sat 10-Jan-15 10:36:53

I just keep an eye on my dog, if he's losing I up his intake. He's not greedy though and will leave food behind, after half an hour we pop it back into the fridge.

MarcoPoloCX Sat 10-Jan-15 10:57:48

Depends on the age of the pup. When very young they can start as high as 10% and then gradually reducing the % as it matures.

ender Sat 10-Jan-15 11:00:43

Easy with an adult dog, just feed and adjust according to need, but more complicated with a young puppy that has a lot of growing to do.
There's good advice on "proper" diy raw feeding for puppies (meat and meaty bones) on Facebook group.
Commercial raw food mixes have fruit and veg and other so called healthy stuff. Not everyone agrees that dogs need or can absorb this.
So a puppy on Nutriment might need more food to get the amount of meat that they need than if they were on a DIY raw food diet consisting of meat and meaty bones.
Best to get advice from the manufacturers.

mckenzie Sat 10-Jan-15 18:57:42

Thanks guys. Muttynutty, that's the number I had but I assumed there was a digit missing as I thought it had it be 6 numbers after the area code. Duh!
Thanks for all the posts. I still with the 5% until I soeak to Nutriment on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now