Talk

Advanced search

Dogy Diarrhoea

(6 Posts)
WillWorkForMoney Thu 08-Jan-15 23:37:39

On tuesday, unbeknownst to me dd2 and dd3 fed Tilly a LOT of treats while I was upstairs. That night her farts were lethal. Then yesterday she had slightly runny poos, which i expected but today her poos have been liquid and every hour or so since 7pm (only a bit at a time) I'm planning to fast her tomorrow then just give cooked chicken/rice, but is there anything else I should do? I feed her good food usually that for the life of me i cannot remember the name of so her poos are always solid.

The dd's have been told off and treats moved up high! (Theyve never done this in the 2 years we've had her)

WillWorkForMoney Thu 08-Jan-15 23:40:34

In hindsight, i shouldn't have gien her her tea, but its just habit, i wasn't thinking.

MarcoPoloCX Fri 09-Jan-15 06:34:54

Steamed pumpkin or butternut squash is better than rice.

WillWorkForMoney Fri 09-Jan-15 22:28:18

This happened Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and today she has had the runs, and in the last few hours been vomiting. I gave her chicken and rice for tea. How long should it take to get out of her system? Shes drinking ok. Never had this before so not sure if its taking longer than it should.
Thanks

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 09-Jan-15 22:38:18

The current feeling is not to fast. Studies have shown that the fastest thing to get the guts back to normal is the dog's regular diet.
If you fast, then do bland diet and then go back to a regular diet you are asking an already unhappy gut to make three changes to it's environment. Whereas if you continue to feed regular food you are only asking it to make a single change.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 09-Jan-15 22:39:21

Sorry just seen she is now vomiting, this unlikely to be the treats and if she has vomited more than twice she needs to see a vet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now