Talk

Advanced search

The most expensive thing your dog has broken/destroyed?

(51 Posts)
nemo81 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:03:52

Today my puppy smashed the glass on my cooker! grin I was at work and my partner left the house for 20 minutes to do the school run. In that time the puppy decided to have a fight with the ironing board (has ripped it and looked like it was thrown around the kitchen!) and somehow managed to smash the glass on the cooker door. My partner sent a me a picture message when i was at work, we all had a laugh over the carnage. Luckily the puppy is ok! grin I came home and pointed at the cooker and asked her who did it, she bowed her head in shame. Lol so whats the most expensive thing your dog has destroyed?

AnimalsAreMyFriends Thu 08-Jan-15 18:06:19

£380 glasses - My new varifocals - he chewed the bloody arm off!!!

Not expensive as such, but he has broken my ankle (I'm still in the cast!!) He ran from behind & through my legs as I was walking. I ended up in a heap & am now well and truly plastered!!!!

nemo81 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:07:47

grin Lol

I think my dog is trying to kill me too, she also runs between my legs when i take her out for walks, i'm forever going arse over tit!! grin

GemmaTeller Thu 08-Jan-15 18:11:46

£65 wicker dog bed

DrElizabethPlimpton Thu 08-Jan-15 18:12:23

Animals, my DDog did that to me too. 30kg of full speed Labrador. shock

flowerswine. I needed both!

Floggingmolly Thu 08-Jan-15 18:13:47

2 pairs of glasses and umpteen remote controls. I didn't find it as amusing as you do, though???

Hopelass Thu 08-Jan-15 18:18:45

My dog chewed the sleeve off my £150 waterproof coat and my mobile phone confused

zippyandbungle Thu 08-Jan-15 18:20:11

A leather sofa. I was even in the house at the time but I'd put her in another room while I had a coffee with my sister. We opened the door and it was destroyed. I can still remember the disbelief and pup sitting with a chunk of leather and foam wagging her tail.

daisy5569 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:20:58

A sofa... came home to a living room floor covered in foam and no seat left on the sofa! Ripped carpet from one side to the other oh and almost forgot the time that she gnawed a big hole in the plaster wall between kitchen and living room, probably trying to escape the kitchen to eat the other sofa.
This same dog also jumped straight through the living room window and then sat on the doorstep waiting to come back in shock followed by a trip to the vets for stitches in a cut leg
She was an absolute menace but absolutely lovely too smile

HerRoyalNotness Thu 08-Jan-15 18:22:13

DHs brand new oakley sunglasses. The dog was only a puppy too. DH went into one of his rants, when I told him to calm down, he said, easy for you to say it's not your stuff, yes says I, but I didn't leave my brand new sunglasses on the floor.

nemo81 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:28:01

How i see it is whats done is done. No point crying or getting angry over a kitchen appliance, i have more pressing things on my mind to be crying over than a broken cooker to be honest.

serengelly Thu 08-Jan-15 18:33:00

Two rear seatbelts, through the dog guard. 90 quid each to replace. Bloody weimararner. She's lovely now she's 8.

AnimalsAreMyFriends Thu 08-Jan-15 18:33:15

DrElizabeth Yup 20kg of Spanish Water Dog did me well and truly!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one the dog has tried to kill!!! grin

I had forgotten about the sofa they ate between them, and the dining room carpet they have scrabbled bald in places. They ate the kitchen floor - we came down and the lino was shredded into ribbons shock

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-Jan-15 19:28:32

An old pair of trainers that were headed for the bin grin we could've been millionaires though, he shredded an unchecked lottery ticket, we don't know if it was a winner or not!

Itsgoingtoreindeer Thu 08-Jan-15 19:30:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cakewitch Thu 08-Jan-15 19:37:04

Pair of gucci shoes, a sofa, chair legs, our wedding album, carpets, plasterboard on our stairs. I still miss the little shit, even though he's been gone for 8 years.

HindsightisaMarvellousThing Thu 08-Jan-15 19:37:21

Gucci prescription glasses
£1600 sofa bed had one arm eaten down to the wooden frame
£1100 dining table had its corners chewed
Four rush matting bottomed dining chairs over a period of weeks
Umpteen rugs, dog beds, wicker baskets and cushions

In fairness, we were daft enough to get a pair of large breed dogs from the same litter and their idea of heaven was to play chase-me-chase-me-tug-of-war with whatever they'd knocked over. Fabulous dogs, I miss them daily.

ladybird69 Thu 08-Jan-15 19:43:20

I had a lab who ate/destroyed whole new kitchen. She chewed cupboards plinths doors and even wall paper off walls and yes I cried.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 08-Jan-15 21:23:36

My mum's dog ate my dad's car. He chewed off the steering wheel, destroyed the seats and the headrests and ate the gearstick. There was bugger all left of the dashboard or the doors. The car was written off as an Act of Dog.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 08-Jan-15 21:35:31

No single thing that's £££££, just stuff that adds up.

Most expensive is probably the landing carpet. But it's old anyway. Scratched up in two places now and needs replacing.

A £200 coat of mine. Down coat with a big hole in.
Rucksack
About 10 of dd's onesies
Two pairs of my shoes
A pair of wellies
Dh's trainers
A stair gate
A few hoodies
Some books.

Memphisbelly Thu 08-Jan-15 21:44:28

4 seatbelts right before the MOT, did two rear ones, ordered 2 new ones put them in and he did it again meaning I had no car as the MOT ran out and I had to wait to get new ones again. Literally seconds for him to chew through them.

WeAllHaveWings Thu 08-Jan-15 21:52:14

Most expensive were -

2 seater sofa
Carpet (chewed and ripped, needed replaced)
Ds's brand new footie boots

emmelinelucas Thu 08-Jan-15 21:52:26

All the toes off every pair of shoes and boots I owned. She opened the wardrobe doors.
That was the worst of it, though.
I miss her. sad

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 08-Jan-15 22:03:54

My mum & dad's last lab chewed through umpteen pairs of shoes. And a wall. And every single shrub and plant in their lovely garden when he was small. He was a real bugger for chewing.

Not a dog but my sisters cat was sitting on her ironing board and it jumped off and sent the ironing board flying back and through the tv. Apparently the insurance company were a bit skeptical. grin

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 08-Jan-15 22:19:47

My garden. Hairy bugger has dug it all up. Grass has gone, trenches have been happily scooped out. It looks the Somme circa 1917 out there.
And my phone but that kind of served me right for leaving it on a chair. Ditto 2 remote controls and ds2's new slippers.
I seem to have got off lightly compared to some of you, though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: