Talk

Advanced search

Dog and slow cooker

(15 Posts)
WorldWildWifeFund Tue 06-Jan-15 22:33:56

I want to leave my slow cooker on overnight for the first time, but slightly worried that the dog might interfere with it (hopefully lovely smells coming from it). Any experiences?

lemisscared Tue 06-Jan-15 22:35:38

shut the kitchen door?

Honeydragon Tue 06-Jan-15 22:38:01

Does the dog interfere with other stuff you are cooking? Is your dog a spoonyfucker who lifts the pot, adds unwanted salt and delays cooking times?

Does the dog slam the oven door to make cakes and Yorkshire puddings sink?

wink

I leave my slow cooker unattended with the Labrador, she ignores it.

Crumblevision Tue 06-Jan-15 22:39:46

Arf at Honey grin. Unless you have a great dane I think your slow cooker will be fine.

WorldWildWifeFund Tue 06-Jan-15 23:24:07

grin grin grin

JingleBellsJuliet Tue 06-Jan-15 23:29:39

My dog jumped up once to investigate the slow cooker, burnt her nose on the lid and has never gone near it again!

Honeydragon Tue 06-Jan-15 23:36:24

Hullygully once stupidly attempted counter surfing for cheese dripping out the panninni press thingy.

Very quick molten cheese learning incident for a young Labrador that was. They really are like toddlers, you think everything dangerous is out of reach and you have them under supervision. Then they prove you wrong.

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 07-Jan-15 10:10:58

I left my SC on with both labs at home. I came back to find them both staring intently at it with a large puddle of drool on the floor. Food was fine but I couldn't put them through that trauma again!

Incidentally, DDog1 has burnt his nose on our George Forman grill THREE times trying to lick out the fat tray. he still does it.

WorldWildWifeFund Wed 07-Jan-15 19:02:53

Reporting back - it was fine. I did once have a cat though (Burmese) who pulled a pork chop out from under the grill.

Honeydragon Wed 07-Jan-15 23:17:50

grin I am thrilled you have a good dog that doesn't drool on your slow cooker.

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-Jan-15 07:50:30

Glad it was ok! My auntie had a Boxer that opened the oven door, removed and ate the chicken that was cooking in there!

WorldWildWifeFund Thu 08-Jan-15 20:40:37

Wondering if that Boxer let it cool off a bit first.

Ohnodisaster Thu 08-Jan-15 20:44:18

My dog is terrible counter surfer and bin emptier. He has even managed to open cupboards before to get to some chocolate!
But he's never touched the slow cooker (yet!)

TheCunnyFunt Thu 08-Jan-15 21:44:56

I highly doubt it grin he was a greedy git!

WorldWildWifeFund Thu 08-Jan-15 22:53:17

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now