Talk

Advanced search

Being given conflicting advice re going on grass....

(7 Posts)
Panicmode1 Sun 04-Jan-15 10:15:58

Pup has had first set of jabs, we have an urban, enclosed garden with some concrete and some grass - I was told in the pet shop to keep her off the grass til she's had her second jabs. So far she's been fairly good about her housetraining - using the concrete. But my BIL came yesterday and said we should let her on the grass......we don't have any other pets and the garden is enclosed - however, I am fairly sure we have (urban) foxes and badgers who use it. Any advice?!

Lilcamper Sun 04-Jan-15 11:20:48

Grass in a private garden is fine and pups have a certain amount of immunity from Mum's milk til about 14 wks.

Mrsmorton Sun 04-Jan-15 11:24:30

Did you buy pup from a pet shop?

Panicmode1 Sun 04-Jan-15 11:24:41

Fab, thank you.

Panicmode1 Sun 04-Jan-15 13:55:31

No, she is from a breeder who just said being out in "the garden is fine" but when I went to the pet shop to buy bowls/toys etc, they said concrete til second jabs...hence confusion!

Mrsmorton Sun 04-Jan-15 14:20:14

I'd put more faith in the breeder's opinion tbh!

Floralnomad Sun 04-Jan-15 14:25:18

Id keep her on the concrete but that's nothing to do with jabs but simply because if pup gets used to doing her business on the grass come the summer your grass will be ruined ,if she is used to and happy to use the concrete it's much easier to keep the garden clean and disinfected .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now