Talk

Advanced search

Is this fairly normal puppy behaviour?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 03-Jan-15 11:37:59

We went to the local park (he's only 15 weeks old so we were out for 25 mins, max), came home, washed muddy paws in warm water in the garden, came in and dried paws and body then he went absolutely loopy. grin
He is restricted to the back of the house which is open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area and he just ran like a mad man all around, jumping on and off the sofas, under the table, throwing himself at a bag that I have hanging in th kitchen. Eventually he stopped as he saw I had the treat bag in my hand and I coerced him into his crate.
He does have loopy turns most days but this one just seemed more full on than usual.
TIA

Lilcamper Sat 03-Jan-15 11:47:14

Totally normal. Known as zoomies or the technical term is frenetic random activity period.

Costacoffeeplease Sat 03-Jan-15 12:01:33

Absolutely, mine still does this occasional and he's just turned 1

mckenzie Sat 03-Jan-15 12:26:06

Phew, thank you.
I might call it FRAPing then although zoomies sounds good too. smile

Gingerfudge Sat 03-Jan-15 12:34:38

Yep it's normal and I remember posting something similar, I thought we'd be landed with a mentally deranged pup....he grew out of it within a month or two but sometimes he still goes a bit crazy in the garden, he looks so bloody happy it makes us grin.

mckenzie Sat 03-Jan-15 12:42:37

Thanks gingerfudge. I was scared our puppy was going to knock himself out or break a bone the way he was hurling himself at things. Funnily enough he crashed out pretty soon afterwards and is still snoring, way past lunch time!
Bless him.

writingbeagle Sat 03-Jan-15 13:30:33

My puppy did the same after his walk today. He usually has zoomies before bed in the evenings but post-walk was new. I think it was because I hosed him down in the garden and he wasn't impressed. grin

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 03-Jan-15 23:58:38

We used to call it the mad five minutes. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now