Talk

Advanced search

Good protein sources for pups/junior dogs

(2 Posts)
Focusfocus Thu 01-Jan-15 22:26:44

Hi all,

My five month old shih tzu cross eats Millie's Wolfheart for 2 meals a day. The other meal (dinner) is homemade by me and I am trying to include in some good stuff for her.

What are your top good protein sources or good food sources for your pups?

This weeks recipe (_things chucked into a pan of water_) is a mix of green tripe (blearrgh the smell makes you heave), liver, minced beef, carrots, courgettes, peas and blueberries. The meat is roughly 75% and the rest is the fruit and veg. The variations next week would replace the tripe with minced lamb let's say etc. the veg stays constant.

Any other good protein sources? She has had plenty of fish throughout her puppyhood till now - white and occasional salmon. She also gets plain yoghurt as a treat.

I've heard of sardines and scrambled eggs but haven't done those yet. Any other "human" food sources you use? Interested to hear from raw feeders too, for although I won't feed raw, my "recipe" for the dinners she wolfs down is open to modifications!

VeryStressedMum Fri 02-Jan-15 22:10:19

I'm also interested in feeding my dogs this way.
Does anyone feed their dogs cooked food and is it ok or is raw the only way to go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now