Talk

Advanced search

What is this dog trying to tell me??

(10 Posts)
OldIrving Wed 31-Dec-14 08:46:44

At ILs, they have two 10-year-old red setters.

DS and I are down before ILs this morning. One of the dogs is making a sort of gaspy noise and sitting in front of us on the sofa with occasional barks. Then he sat on my foot. I assumed he's wanting breakfast so I put down his bowl (prepared by ILs last night), and he won't touch it. Now he's whining and barking and sitting on my foot again.

Is he miffed I'm not MIL? She'll be down soon enough if he keeps this up sad I was pleased she might be getting a lie-in, too!

HugeFurryKnittingBalls Wed 31-Dec-14 08:48:19

Have you let them outside yet?

OldIrving Wed 31-Dec-14 08:49:13

Yup, they've been outside (heard them earlier, they have a sort of dog flap), the other one is still out.

BinarySolo Wed 31-Dec-14 08:52:13

Water? Mine barks if the water bowl's empty

OldIrving Wed 31-Dec-14 08:53:38

They drink out of a water butt sort of thing outside, don't have water bowls as such. I'll see if it's frosted over maybe?

weaselwords Wed 31-Dec-14 08:55:23

A walk?

Or maybe cold. My bitch starts bothering me when she wants me to put the duvet over her fblush. Other one isn't too bothered, but she is so spoiled.

maitaimojito Wed 31-Dec-14 08:58:40

Maybe a walk if they're used to being taken first thing?

OldIrving Wed 31-Dec-14 09:04:30

It's ham!! MIL came down and told me he won't touch his breakfast before he's had a slice of ham torn into two and rolled up! grin

weaselwords Wed 31-Dec-14 09:14:48

Hahaha! He's got you all well trained.

spiderlight Wed 31-Dec-14 20:25:39

I think I love him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now