Talk

Advanced search

What makes your dog vomit/diarrhoea?

(10 Posts)
WorldWildWifeFund Tue 30-Dec-14 23:01:42

In our case it's cheese (vomits, when eaten too much) and sardines in tomato sauce (diarrhoea). Dare not give him any more sardines, though he loved eating them.

tabulahrasa Tue 30-Dec-14 23:05:22

Dry dog food...I have an odd dog, lol.

I've tried eliminating ingredients, feeding half the amount in case he was being over fed, nothing except the fact that it's dry seems to be left as a cause for diarrhoea.

MirandaGoshawk Wed 31-Dec-14 17:38:37

Could he be picking up food elsewhere? I spotted our dog necking something off the pavement and he's thrown up every night for the past three nights & has diarrhea too. We've stopped giving him turkey/ham so it's just his usual food that has never caused problems before.

tabulahrasa Wed 31-Dec-14 18:08:09

Mine? no, he's muzzled and on lead when he's out...and it corresponds exactly with the dry food.

But yes, things outside are a pretty common cause of stomach upsets.

WorldWildWifeFund Wed 31-Dec-14 18:36:47

Ah yes, stuff he finds outdoors - had not thought of that, thanks.

RaspberrySnowCone Wed 31-Dec-14 19:50:55

Everything seems to upset my boy, including a trip to the vets. He's not great with a lot of foods but is doing well on JWB now. But seriously, even if he gets excited out walking he then gets the squits. Yesterday he vomited and up came a lovely collection of bits of stick, grass and a few pebbles. He's a nightmare, bloody spaniels!

TooOldForGlitter Wed 31-Dec-14 21:00:23

For mine it's cows milk. So now he has super expensive goats milk. He's such a brat grin

whatwoulddexterdo Wed 31-Dec-14 21:50:11

Cheese makes her vomit
Other dogs poo makes her sick but luckily she leaves it alone now
Car journeys make her sick, no matter the distance, luckily getting better with age
By far the worst has been drinking water from a particular pond, much £ spent on vets fees, lead her up now and she is not allowed in

marne2 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:52:40

One of mine can eat almost anything without being sick but he gets the runs if he eats anything other than his dog food. The other one is sick if I attempt to change her food ( choppy makes her very sick ).

insanityscratching Thu 01-Jan-15 17:09:00

Eric's generally only ever sick or gets the runs when he's eaten something he's found whilst out. Seeing as he seems to find well rotted manure appetising then I think it's usually that envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now