Talk

Advanced search

How can I track down a breeder/kennel?

(4 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Mon 29-Dec-14 22:47:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

starshaker Mon 29-Dec-14 22:50:14

contact the local breed club? That would be my first stop

Mylittlepotofjoy Mon 29-Dec-14 23:00:15

Contact the breed club , go to a local dog show and ask people in the breed or try the kennel club. Good luck by the way which breed is it???

LoathsomeDrab Mon 29-Dec-14 23:10:18

First stop would be the breed club, the national one and the appropriate regional one if there is one.

You could try going to the appropriate breed section on Champdogs and looking under both 'Breeders' and 'Owners' to see if you can find the breeder.

Have a look for a reasonably active forum or FB group dedicated to the breed and ask there. Most breed forums/FB groups tend to have at least one pedigree geek who may be happy to help.

Were her siblings bred from by her breeder or did they go on to other breeders? If it was other breeders then you should be able to track them down by their kennel name which is usually added onto a dog's original kennel name. So it would be OriginalKennel Blah-de-blah at NewKennel or similar.

Do you have a MyKC account? You can look up individual dogs on there and get a bit of information about them. I don't mind having a look on mine if you want to pm me her full kennel name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now