Talk

Advanced search

We had to say goodbye last night

(9 Posts)
TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 27-Dec-14 07:26:07

My youngest chihuahua was put to sleep last night and I am so sad. He had a heart murmur and had been on medication for 5 months for heart failure. He struggled all day, his breathing rate was so high, it was the kindest thing to do. I'm just so sad. Stanley was 10 and was such a little character, he's the short haired boy in the front of the picture. My other dog is going to miss him so much.

punter Sat 27-Dec-14 07:42:01

So sorry to hear this how awful for you. May he rest in peace.

insanityscratching Sat 27-Dec-14 07:44:40

So sorry for your loss, Stanley looks a little cutie in your photo. Sending hugs.

LokiBuddyBoo1 Sat 27-Dec-14 17:40:33

Sorry for your loss give your other dog plenty of hugs I'm sure he/she will miss him.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 27-Dec-14 17:46:44

aw both of them are such cute looking dogs.

so sorry for your loss. but well done for being such a kind owner and making this choice for him. He would have known he was truly loved.

run free puppy xx

flowers look after yourself. x

spiderlight Sat 27-Dec-14 18:38:19

So sorry. Sleep tight, gorgeous boy.

rembrandtsrockchick Sat 27-Dec-14 18:43:59

I'm sorry Toomany. This so sad for you. My friend's beautiful two year old spaniel died two days ago and the whole family are distraught. Your lovely boy looked as though he was well loved...it's amazing how much space a small dog can occupy...in your heart as well as on the sofa!

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 27-Dec-14 20:14:49

Thanks everyone, your support is really appreciated. I've spent the whole day trying to put on a brave face but dissolving in tears at regular intervals. My 7 yo dd has been so brave, she's been thinking of all of the funny things that Stan got up to! It just seems so final, his little life was extinguished in two seconds and now I'm expected to just get over it. We're at my parents house too, 100 miles from home, I just want to crawl into my bed sad

KiwiJude Sun 28-Dec-14 23:19:10

so sorry TooMany, RIP Stanley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now